Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance claim

• 03-10-2022 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi,

I just wondering if it's in insurance companies interest to be have bigger claim based on two incident.

First, someone reversed into my car broke the front bumper, I went to main dealer for repair, the quote that I got from dealer was cheaper than what the insurance company was willing to pay me.

They said 100 euros more than the quote.

Now this time, my wife hit an other car from behind, for some reason, the car repair company recommend by insurance was literally pushing us to rent a car for the duration of the car repair.

As far as I can see/ understand, I don't want to have big claim to keep my car insurance low.

Is there anything I am missing??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,480 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The first incident (someone reversed into you) was someone else's fault so I assume you're dealing with their insurance. Your own policy will be picking up the tab for the second incident where your wife shunted another car.

Morally speaking, the cost of the required repairs should now be shared by the other guy's insurance and yours. Whether it will be possible to do this is another question.

I suspect that what most people would do is take the money from the first guy's insurance and, if required, top it up with their own money to get the car repaired and avoid a claim on their policy.

Advertisement