Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Un-looping a semi-D supply

Options
  • 03-10-2022 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭

i live in a semi-D and we discovered (as the whole street did) that every house is on a looped supply. We found this out during the Siro upgrade works. My electricity comes in under the path and is split at my next door neighbours outside fuse box and on to mine. Therefore every second house can’t get fibre broadband and I am told that nobody can get a car charge port installed for this same reason. I don’t have an EV but I’m thinking a few years down the line on this.

I emailed the esb and got no answer. Has any electrician on here come across a customer that managed to get their supply un-looped. What did it involve and at what cost. I am aware that since it is ESB from the road to the fuse box that no electrician other than theirs can touch this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Jaysus can't help much on the newer tech stuff

On the EV charging they'll probably tell u what capacity u have and do u want to upgrade , 12 and 16 KVA are the base supplies

Looped service is common on main streets coming off the LV pole and looping 2 premises , you'd see issues with neutral inversion occasionally

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Car charging depends on the requirement ,that wouldn't be definitive that it doesn't work over looped service

Siro I presume doesn't work over looped service for the final customer ? Would be big work to change that anyhow

Advertisement