Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUATH HOUSING NOMINATION

Options
  • 03-10-2022 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi, just wondering if anybody has any answers for me.

Recently myself and my partner got a letter from our council nominating us to tuath, we were given the address of the new property which is local and great and suits us amazingly.

After ten years on the list and waiting as our property is not suitable in any shape or form. Anyways, I've heard so much conflicting information, first the council told me if our garda vetting wasn't clear from ten years ago to now that no housing body would allocate us. My partner was caught drink driving when he was 20 and got banned. 10 years ago, I didn't know him then as we met the year after. Anyway obviously I was panicking thinking my god we won't get the property etc, so I called tuath and a lovely man said to me thats absolutely not true at all he said they only look at 3 years. That reassured me more obviously. We also have issues with one neighbour, there was a incident about a year ago where he called the gaurds and nearly attacked my partner, its been hell where we live tbh, people leaving notes on our car window (not just us also other neighbours ours have said they have gotten notes too) another time me and my kids and partner were in bed and the gards banged on our door saying there was a noise disturbance and it wasnt even us!!! It was another neighbour in the block, anyway I was told by someone I know that the gards keep a record of all call outs and this can affect our chances, this is crazy to me, how can this be true if its not even your fault? Anyway I have been barley able to sleep or eat thinking I may not be able to move to this property, my children's health is at risk in this current property, has anyone been to a interview with tuath? What do they ask? I did ask if we were up against another family and I was informed usually that isn't the case, which if it was that seems so cruel, My partner is the main earner in our family, so he will be the person providing income details. Another piece of conflicting information is that once you have a letter from the council and the house address is on it they wouldn't have nominated you if you haven't been checked? (Woman on tuath said she never heard of refusals really unless a serious case of anti social behaviour conviction etc) any information is appreciated. Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dee61

I’ve just been nominated to respond for a house. I’m just wondering did you get the house. I assume Tuath and respond would have a similar process. I’d just love to know if the house is a guarantee before I get my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Katherine62

I called tuath and they said they are waiting on keys from the builders. Haven't heard anything but I was told that once I got a letter from council the house is usually ours. So I guess irs just a waiting game. Tuath told me once the interview is done its quite a quick procress of moving in etc. I really hope it's soon.

Thanks for replying. That’s great to know that once we have the letter the house is usually ours. I’m still waiting too, fingers crossed for us both 🤞

I called the council this morning and she told me they are waiting for garda vetting, she said they go back ten years, but tuath do the final descion and usually look for last 3 years if anything serious comes up, so I hope its OK as when my partner was convicted of drink driving it was 10 yesrs ago and also I didn't even know him then, would be really unfair in my eyes. The waiting is torture I can't sleep at night.

I think convictions for anti social behaviour and public order offences are what they look at more so, don’t worry too much. Although I can’t sleep either wondering if the house is mine or not. It really is torture!!

• Advertisement

Family member recently downsized from a 3 bed council house to a 1 bed apartment with Tuath. Once they got the letter from the council nominating them for the apartment, they were told the place was theirs. They moved in about six weeks later, all went very smoothly.

Yeah I think so too, would seem very unfair if something happened nearly ten years ago to be discriminated against.

Have you heard anything since? I got a call to say all the neighbours are meeting next week including me so it looks like a good sign 🤞

Nope we just keep getting told garda vetting isn't back yet. Seems a very long time. Calling them back again tommrow for a update! Hope all goes well for you!

That’s disgraceful. I’m not sure if I’ve been Garda vetted yet but I did get a call saying houses won’t be ready until January. Hope you get good news soon

• Advertisement

They usually vet you before the interview etc, called back today and council said still waiting for vetting to come back so still waiting. Our houses are ready as I see them most days when I'm out walking so it's frustrating. Hopefully hear this side of Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 3 davepower1983

Have you finally moved in to the new house?

We got our keys around 10th of December. Moved in 22nd. All going good so far. I was ten years on the local authority list. Neighbour near me was 15 years. Happy to be finally housed. Thrilled.

Delighted you got your forever home. I think I’m getting my keys next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Wifey82

Hi ..Did you get your keys?

I got a letter from respond today along with application form.

Do you know at what stage the vetting happens with respond?

hubby has a few small things over the years like intoxicated in public place sort of thing.no convictions thankfully.

Just wondering wether or not I need to disclose these incidents on the form.

thank you.

Hi,

Yeah we did eventually I felt like there was no tmuch communication but when tuath did contact us it was very quick, we also had to leave our old place so 8 days to move our entire life into the new home lol

I'd put everything down on the form, as they do ask, but don't worry it won't matter unless it was in the last 4 5 years :)

Best of luck

Hi,

I think they really are looking about anti social and any recent convictions, I think 5 yesrs they may go back, if you went to court they will ask you, I would just be honest. The housing officer told me they very rarely refuse people, so hopefully it works out

I was the same , I couldn't eat etc. Finally in my home now.

Wishing you best of luck

Advertisement