Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuath process

Options
  • 03-10-2022 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi, just wondering if anybody has any answers for me.

Recently myself and my partner got a letter from our council nominating us to tuath, we were given the address of the new property which is local and great and suits us amazingly.

After ten years on the list and waiting as our property is not suitable in any shape or form. Anyways, I've heard so much conflicting information, first the council told me if our garda vetting wasn't clear from ten years ago to now that no housing body would allocate us. My partner was caught drink driving when he was 20 and got banned. 10 years ago, I didn't know him then as we met the year after. Anyway obviously I was panicking thinking my god we won't get the property etc, so I called tuath and a lovely man said to me thats absolutely not true at all he said they only look at 3 years. That reassured me more obviously. We also have issues with one neighbour, there was a incident about a year ago where he called the gaurds and nearly attacked my partner, its been hell where we live tbh, people leaving notes on our car window (not just us also other neighbours ours have said they have gotten notes too) another time me and my kids and partner were in bed and the gards banged on our door saying there was a noise disturbance and it wasnt even us!!! It was another neighbour in the block, anyway I was told by someone I know that the gards keep a record of all call outs and this can affect our chances, this is crazy to me, how can this be true if its not even your fault? Anyway I have been barley able to sleep or eat thinking I may not be able to move to this property, my children's health is at risk in this current property, has anyone been to a interview with tuath? What do they ask? I did ask if we were up against another family and I was informed usually that isn't the case, which if it was that seems so cruel, My partner is the main earner in our family, so he will be the person providing income details. Another piece of conflicting information is that once you have a letter from the council and the house address is on it they wouldn't have nominated you if you haven't been checked? (Woman on tuath said she never heard of refusals really unless a serious case of anti social behaviour conviction etc) any information is appreciated.

Advertisement