Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depeche Mode - Malahide, June 14th 2023.

Options
  • 04-10-2022 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

Seen it posted in the Irish Gigs thread but the Depeche support in Ireland's always mighty craic so surely thread worthy?

I know people have misgivings over getting to and fro Malahide but I'm over the moon they're not playing the 3 Arena in winter this time. Getting them nice and early for a summer night outdoors.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I'd pay to go and watch them anywhere (have many times in many countries).....but Malahide is way down my list of gig venues. I'll still go if it happens, haven't been since Prince played there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I agree. It's certainly a bit different to see them outdoors. Of all the suitable venues (capacity-wise), Malahide would have got my vote (I thought The Cure worked really well there), so I'm delighted about that. I'm glad that they've not left us out. Having skipped Ireland on a few tours (The Singles and Exciter), they've always included a Dublin show since Touring the Angel.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Yeah thought The Cure were belting there. Felt like a massive reunion of heads of all kinds under the sun. If the vibe's the same for Depeche it'll be smashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Kilteragh

Thrilled that they are playing Ireland. Have never seen them.

Gutted they are playing Malahide Castle midweek. Will have to figure out an alternative to the last shitshow of getting there and back from The Killers.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,399 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Saw The Killers in Malahide this year and it was grand, lots of food choices, the bars were no different to other outdoor venues and thankfully got a Travelmaster bus up

• Advertisement

Never had a problem getting the train to and fro the the city centre myself. Should be a gentler crowd than most too.

It's a fantastic spot inside it. As said decent food, all neatly laid out, was quite handy to sit in your spot and get back to and from it from the jacks.

Here's the presale link:

https://mcd2018.typeform.com/DepecheMpresale?typeform-source=l.facebook.com

Going by that no golden circle, only General Admission

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Seen them few times from sfx to rds to point but school night hmmmm

They play Twickenham on the Saturday and family near there. Saw stones play there so might be tempted depending on costs

So there's a golden circle after all.

I was in the pre-sale queue at 9 so it's either a pretty damn small circle or MCD are holding them back to inflate the prices later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

The equivalent event page for Arctic Monkeys also stated General Admission, and they had a Gold Circle, so I wasn't entirely surprised that Depeche Mode had one too. Glad to get one and be done with it.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement

Details

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Gunner5

Gold Circle is still standing right? :D

Yeah its just a fancy name for the pit

A lot more expensive then I thought but got a golden circle ticket just there. Can't see a 2nd date with those prices

Something to look forward too I suppose and nice to get the ticket cost out of the way

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭bureau2009

Indoor gig - I'm in.

Outdoor gig - I'm out.

And I had been looking forward for the next DM gig.

Going to be very strange without Andy Fletcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

Is the pre sale just an open link or is it limited to x amount of tickets per mail? Normally get a weekly mail from MCD with pre sale links, didn't realise you had to register for this and was closed when I twigged it this morning.

If anyone has it and wants to share a pm would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Very reasonably priced gig, Might pick up a ticket closer to the date, can't plan this far ahead just yet.

Ah raging. I was presented with the options but when I went to purchase it said standard was best available.

Oh well.

Email ticketmaster and they should be able to upgrade you unless it's sold out, which the presale allocation might be.

Nice one! They look to be gone alright but as luck would have it a few mates are going to pick up general standing too so feck it. Sometimes it's nice and loose back with the proles!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭fozzy97

Is the gold circle in malahide worth it? Never been there or heard of gold Circle tix?

• Advertisement

The view points were great for all angles for The Killers a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Was just an open link on email I received after 10am. Worked for me without any registration. I'll PM it to you. Only got my tickets in the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Would be in your debt if you could PM that to me too! Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭DJB030244

Initially I couldn’t get golden circle , that was about 1030 this morning . Went on about 1230 and picked up 2 golden circle tickets .

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

Got sorted from someone on here earlier, really appreciate the replies, fair dues.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭fozzy97

Where they just normal tickets then? Is it worth the Xtra money for gold tix?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Does anybody have a pre-sale ticket link please? Would be extremely appreciated

I'll always pay a tenner extra for gold circle if it's an option, less crowded, closer to the stage, less day trippers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Now if only rammstein announce a dublin gig.

• Advertisement

well there is a gig announcement tomorrow according to Overdrive.ie

Advertisement