Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depeche Mode - Malahide, June 14th 2023.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Do.. We're all DM fans here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Here you go!

Tunes tickling the fancy in particular so far:

It's No Good

Everything Counts

Precious

Ghosts Again

Never Let Me Down Again (Last of Us brought me onto this one).

Really looking forward to the gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I can't stop playing the singles '81 to '85

SUCH a nostalgia rush!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Thank you very much. . Going to enjoy listening to that. My favourites are Personal Jesus and Everything Counts.

Half the fun of these concerts, for me anyway, is the anticipation, listening to the music again, revisiting old favourites and memories.

Am on a very retro 80s path this year 😁

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

More standing tickets on Ticketmaster now available. Thought I’d missed this so delighted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

be my first time seeing the band live in June, gold circle ticket cant wait

Would love 'Shake The Disease' and 'Strangelove' but doesnt look good looking at setlists from the tour

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Shake the Disease was one that Martin would sometimes do in his "solo" slot, which usually rotated songs, but it's unlikely now.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Just Mustard added as extra support act.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

Ah great. First time I saw them was supporting the Cure, also in Malahide. Brilliant addition. Mind you, they may not be for the casual pints-in-the-sun-just-cant-get-enough punter.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ben Done

They had a nice wee crowd, of whom I'd say many hadn't heard them before and became aficionados, up in the top quarter of the field for their set.

We were well impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Thanks! Just got 2 tickets.

Hopefully weather will be ok or better than ok.

Saw them in the 2000s in the point/3 arena/whatever it was called then, and they were brilliant live.

I am not sure if it's fate or what but that's Depeche Mode, Kraftwerk and New Order playing here this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Gillman1998

I've just returned from seeing DM in Amsterdam - excellent show, even by their standards. Sound was exceptional. It is going to sound amazing on a sunny evening in Malahide.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭spindex

What time is the curfew for this ? And realistically how long would it take to get back into the city if I was at the very back and ready to run after just can't get enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

If you run after Just Can't Get Enough, you'll be ahead of the posse, as that's not their last song, so you won't have crowds to contend with.

It'll take several minutes to get out of the Demesne and out on the street and another couple of minutes to get to the DART station.

If you get a DART immediately, the trip to the city is 25 minutes, so if the cards fell very luckily, you could potentially get from the venue to Tara Street in 35 to 40 minutes. But that would be the very best case scenario, getting on a DART as soon as you get to the station.

If you leave early, I'd say at least an hour, allowing for everything.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Due to Travelmaster not running a bus for this concert (and Blur also) like they did for The Killers last year I have to get the usual return Bus/Train up and get to/from the venue through Marathon Coaches

Typical my favourite DM tune 'Personal Jesus' is the last song on the set and I'd be annoyed at myself for missing it but then I don't want to be stuck up in Dublin for the night

• Registered Users Posts: 19 XxCigiXx

Hi all,

Really looking forward to this! I have a question about the start time, it says 5pm, seems very early is that just gates opening or anyone have an estimated time the band would actually start? Travelling to Dublin after work, hoping to make it on time 🙈

Going by last year

5pm is Gates with first band on around 6pm

Dont take it as gospel

Also cashless venue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Hi,

Travelling up by car from the Midwest for this,not sure whether to book the parking on site or park near a dart station and go from one of the dart stations.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what may be best ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I got my Gold tickets at the weekend, back on sale at Ticketmaster.

I also couldn't be arsed dealing with parking so just went for on site parking via Marathon, hopefully easy to get into and get home from

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Kilteragh

It was a nightmare last year. We came from the Limerick to see the Killers. Got off work an hour early and thought we would get there in plenty of time. Spent 2 hours doing the last 2KM to the entrance. Even when we got there nobody was checking for the Marathon ticket. Everyone was just waved in. Took another 90 minutes to get out afterwards as the later you get in the further away you are parked from the exit.

Taking the day off this year and we're going to get up early and try to get in as close to the opening time as possible so that we can hopefully get away easily during the last song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Park elsewhere on the dart line and use that. It will save you endless hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 32 reflekting

The parking on site was a disaster last year, I'd probably go with the Dart.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

They are available right now on Ticketmaster

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

What time do you reckon this gig will be finished, 10pm or later? Hoping to get train back to dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Wasn't keen on that rendition myself hoping for 'Waiting for the Night' in that slot, they've been playing 'Condemnation' too won't play both.

They'd teased a revisit of some stuff before they kicked off and even mentioning 'Sun and the Rainfall' one of my fave DM songs but alas no sign so far. Dublin date actually didn't line up well for me so actually seeing in Bern a few days before this gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Just tried downloading tickets to my phone wallet for this. First time I’ve seen one of these dynamic bar codes - presume it’s not possible? Can’t see the option anyway. Could be some fun had with thousands trying to access internet at same time.

On the driving to/from venue question my own opinion would be don’t if you’re heading back towards the city. Malahide Road can be a pain when there’s no gig on.

Not sure what you mean? Option defo there to add to your phone wallet, dynamic bar code notwithstanding. Mine are in my Google wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Genuinely not seeing the download option. Will try again closer to date - might be a bug.

Thanks for response

Strange one. Would certainly give them a shout if that persists.

• Advertisement

The TM app on S21 is a bit hit and miss and won't let me sign in

Browser version working fine

Advertisement