Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depeche Mode - Malahide, June 14th 2023.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

So looking forward to New Order as well as DM.

Haven't seen DM since the 3 Arena concert.

New Order at Trinity in 2019 were really excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bus home is at 00.05 on the Georges Quay

Getting Marathon Coaches to and from the gig, Would i be better off walking towards the back before the start of the encore and exit straight away ?

Got Travelmaster up last year so not as much of a head wreck transport wise compared to this year, Hotel stay not an option sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Yeah, that’s why I do there to grab the dart

Roll on this night 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Taking a day off work for this and parking at the site carpark. Going to drive up early and wait until the traffic dies down when it's over. Hopefully the weather keeps up. Hmmm just reading other people's experiences of this. FFS.

• Advertisement

Venue info

If you don't mind walking a bit its much easier to park on one of the roads going into the village.

Thats what we did the last few times and just took our time wandering in and back out again with everybody coming from and to the dart.

Walking out along a lovely treelined path with fairy lights and hundreds of happy fans is wayy better than sitting in a car stuck waiting to get out of the venue.

Especially if the weather is good. 🤞

👍

Hmmm, have the car park ticket paid for. Will get up in plenty of time to get in hopefully, not so worried about getting out. I can wait.

Walking !

Try walking in my shoes

😁

• Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭fits

I’m going too yay!

It's just a question of time now. 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Heads up if you've Prime video, they have 2 channels streaming various performances from the Primavera Sound Barcelona.

Depeche Mode are playing tonight may be shown now Blur didn't get shown till 1am I think so may just suit the night owl. Although I believe you can playback but I'm sure that will only be temporarily.

No as Amazon music sponsoring unless it gets uploaded at another stage.

The presenters were yapping on about twitch yesterday though so maybe there alright.

Fair enough. I didn't click that you had the car parking ticket already but sure you could sell it on if you wanted.

I love walking and love the atmosphere of a load of fans going to or coming from a concert.

Don't like the frustration of sitting in a car anywhere except its moving.. But you could put a DM dvd on and relive the music.!

Thanks. Am a nightowl so will be watching 👍

No worries. Wasn't complaining or criticising your post at all. 👍

Wondering what time the official car park opens and does "gates open" mean into the entire grounds of malahide castle or the actual concert ground.

Don't know. It doesn't day an opening time but should be able to park up early evening.

Just looking at the section under parking warning about parking enforcement and clamping in the local area. We saw no evidence of that but we were parked a good bit out.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ruth888

SELLING TICKET!!!!

Hi! I'm selling 1 standing ticket for the event at retail price, I tried to sell it on ticket swap but was not able to and none of my friends had time to go. If you are interested or know of anyone that would be interested pm me :)

Post edited by ruth888 on

Livestream has me buzzing for next Sunday, Dave appears to use the opening new ones purely to get warmed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Shank Williams

Anyone used irishconcert travel buses before- thinking of taking one from Galway as it just works out handier given location- what’s vibe like on the buses- I’m sure depeche mode crowd will tend towards sound on ok but do they allow alcohol etc don’t want to be stuck on a bus full of messy **** (at least on trip up), too old for that ****

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Saw them several years ago in 3Arena. Never again, my insides were moving the bass was so loud. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

Was thinking of heading up tuesday and parking at sylvesters GAA in a camper, am i being too optimistic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mactheknife19

Saw a camper there last week when I was at training. Plenty down around the beach on the Malahide to Portmarnock road. A few campers always down at Malahide Estuary, at the Malahide Yacht Club

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

We'll be all waiting this time next week

the 'Just Cant get enough' brigade might not like the gig starting off with a new song

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Standard practice with Depeche Mode to start with material from the latest album.

I'm not sure there is a "Just Can't Get Enough brigade." Most DM fans are brand loyal.

Post edited by delbertgrady on

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

The song they're starting with is probably (IMO) the weakest of the whole gig. The rest of the material they play from the new album is great, the best being 'Ghosts Again'.

Ya I don't think so either, not many bands can do both arenas here when they tour. I'm surprised it's taken till now for an outdoor show they didn't even bother with 'Just Can't Get Enough' on the last tour here I suppose they are doing a number of festival dates inbetween so chuck it in.

• Advertisement

Surprise they left that song out

Reminds of hearing about A-ha when they played here a few years back and they started with 'Take on Me'. Could imagine the whinging from the late comers

Advertisement