Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depeche Mode - Malahide, June 14th 2023.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

I've only been to one gig in Malahide and it went surprisingly smoothly. It was years ago for Neil Young with The Frames supporting.

Not sure how I'm going to get there. DART and bus are near me. I suspect the DART might be quicker and the Malahide Road is so narrow going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Staying in Sutton tonight so heading into Malahide around lunchtime, any suggestions of decent bars close to the venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭paulbok

For any veterans of driving to Malahide gigs, what's the Marathon car park like for getting out of after? Couldn't get an overnight babysitter, so have to drive home 2+ hrs afterwards so want to guage traffic to have an idea of eta home.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,380 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

In this weather Gibneys - they do pub grub and have a lot of outside space.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Put on the sunscreen for this one. Nice having such good weather for an outdoor gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

What's really good is the lack of any wind. The sound should be epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 XxCigiXx

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can advise from last year, coming from Galway to the gig and not leaving until 4, car park says last arrivals for 6:30/7, its a bit tight and wondering has anyone tried to enter the carpark after this time, were you let in or refused?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

On route

Going to be a great day, now Marathon Coaches don't **** this up on me😆

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Off to this soon. What an incredible day for an outdoor concert.

Here, 😀 glorious day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sparkzter

I still have those 2 extra tickets and don't want to see them go to waste, so will sell one and give the other free if anyone knows anyone who wants to go. 🌹

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sparkzter

I also want to know this... we will hardly make it for 7pm

Malahide Castle and grounds ... Beautiful location ...

De Posh Mode

Tis not a bad place for the North side ha

You can smell the €€€

Smashing day here

Just Mustard not for me but not the worst

Merch expensive, €50 for a shirt

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

A cracker, chillin at the back then head into the circle after second support. Every food imaginable, very good facilities

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Young Fathers were very good..

But not the crowd for them..

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭the 12 th man

Anyone know the other names of the members who will be playing in Depeche Mode along with Gore & Gahan tonight?

Great concert. Martin and Dave still have a great set of pipes on them and some brilliant songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Brilliant concert.. Wow they really gave it a lot more than I remember from The Point last time.

Loved Dave Gahans dancing, so funny.

Wonderful weather and evening, so lucky.

Now just stuck in the carpark waiting to get out, an inch a minute, with thousands of others.

Just seen the buses leave.

No organisation or rhyme or reason here so it'll be a late night.

Should have taken my own advice and walked in from further out!

But wow what an amazing concert, loved it 🖤

Safe home everybody x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭dasdog

Nice crowd - a lot of people from abroad. Great sound and lovely venue although a bit out of the way. Bolted for the DART before it ended but only missed a bit and got a seat. Phucking drink at these gigs is appalling though. Left the hip flask of rum at home as I didn't want to bring it in to work where I had been for ten hours before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ah great gig! Beautiful night, beautiful setting. Missed Just Mustard, Young Fathers great but nothing back from the crowd, how 20,000 people can listen to 'Toy' and give NOTHING back is beyond me but hey, horses for courses, eh? My missus drove out, got the Marathon parking and despite all the horror stories, worked out great. Slow getting in but headed for the back of the arena for the encore, danced out to the closing strains of Personal Jesus, straight into the car, straight out the gate. Food good, pints queues quick, crowd friendly, not a negative in sight. Agreedon the state of Dave and Martin's pipes, both sounded brilliant. Fantastic day out.

Was there early this afternoon so we had parking near the exit gates and we flew out and no trouble at all getting in and away.

Perfect weather, beautiful location, great band. They really were on form and looked like they really were enjoying it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Good gig, they’ve still got it. Really enjoyed it. Crowd a bit flat for the first half but still enough people having fun to make it good. Weather was great too.

Malahide is a pain in the ring to get out to from my gaff on the south side but the coach back to town was handy.

Edit: no idea how to rotate that pic correctly.

Just some still from some videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Yeah.. we got 'unavoidably delayed' so were only getting there at 7.30 and parked far from exit.

We also stayed to the end and hit the loos as well 🙈all that dancing and beer as well, 🤣

A lot of desperate people shunting like dodgems at midnight but got out quickly after that.

I got a bit of Young Fathers and liked what I heard.

Your list.. Oops, its gone..

And Personal Jesus.

My absolute 100% favourite was Never Let Me Down Again.

They are getting better as they get older I think.

Did you all see some tears a couple of times for Fletch? And the hug Martin gave Dave..😢

What a great gig

Songs of the night for me were 'Everything Counts', 'Walking In My Shoes', 'Enjoy the silence' 'John The Revalator'and 'Don't Let Me Down Again'. The 'hits' got as good reaction as expected. If only they had played 'Strangelove' and 'New Life' but that happens

Gore has some pipes along with Guitar skills as do the rest of the band. Dave is 'Gay Satan' no doubt about it, he puts Dad dancing into another level. His vocals and stage presence is legendary

Gold circle was pretty good but if you have a weak bladder be prepared for the trek all the way back to the toilets

The bars ques were long, they do the recyclable cups thing in which you pay €1 more for your first drink but costs €1 less for your next one. Great buzz around the venue. Amazed at the amount of Eastern European fans of all ages. Shows how much Depeche Modes music is appreciated around the globe

Support was OK, 'Just Mustard' not for me and 'Young Fathers' were decent but left the stage in a rather abrupt way for some reason

Marathon Coaches worked out well and had a load of buses waiting outside. Bus back to the Déise was late but maybe the concert traffic was the issue or not who knows

Enjoyable gig that was well worth the wait. I'd consider going again if they played the 3Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Superb stuff. It's like the loss of Fletch has galvanised them. Solid setlist, great sound, good crowd. So, it delivered on everything that counts. In large amounts.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Granite Head

Not sure how to rotate.

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Nadine Shah, Jane Weaver, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Arab Strap, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, John Grant, Iron & Wine x2, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Fontaines DC, Amble

Advertisement