Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineer service / manhole access

Options
  • 04-10-2022 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

My property has a manhole that I understand is used to connect new networks for the neighborhood. Naturally I allow access to contractors , who represent themselves as OpenEir. who come in to set up new connections. But once they left manholes open and I had to call and beg for someone to come back and put thing back, now they went around again and left my internet disconnected ( which my broadband provider confirmed was that engineers fault but they will only send their help out in a couple of days)

So question, can I refuse access in the future? Can they access the manholes withour my permission? What can they do if I say no? This would be helpful to me as I could get their direct numbers in case anything goes wrong again.

And is there anything I should do to get this fixed sooner and prevent happening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Kurooi

To reiterate, I'm not trying to be a bad neighbour I just think if I can say no and state my terms (no access unless I have the mobile number of the contractor and his supervisor) that then ensures they're not screwing me over

• Registered Users Posts: 24,209 ✭✭✭✭phog

It's very unusual that eir would have a manhole on private property, however, if they have then it's private property and they absolutely have to seek permission to gain access to the manhole. Nowadays, other operators can access eir's plant so it may not be eir themselves accessing the manhole.

You could formerly ask eir to move it from your property and be done with it. Try emailing plantalterations@eir.ie

Advertisement