Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AirPods Pro (2nd Generation)

Options
  • 05-10-2022 10:33am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well, while i was hoping for a bit of a new design, i still ordered these. I got the original Airpods Pro on launch day in California, and i've used them all day everyday since. Of all the Apple products i have, if i lost my AirPods i'd beg borrow or steal to get money to replace them. So investing in a new set was a no brainer.

The sound out of these is incredible, when you're really pushing them to the higher volumes the bass and mids are MUCH better than the previous generation, and the ANC and Transparency are so much better also.

Anyone else pick up a set?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I bought a set of these through F&F discount today, hopefully they'll me with me tomorrow, hearing good things about the difference in the original ones ok, so looking forward to trying for myself.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,489 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Lost my original pros last week*, so decided to pick these up. Find them to be a very minor improvement across the board. Weirdly the right feels like it constantly wants to fall out. Which is odd, as I don't think the physical design is any different, perhaps it's the tips? And this is coming from someone who's never had a problem keeping in any of apple ear buds.

*Of course, they showed up again this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

There's smaller tips now. the shape is ever so slightly different, shorter fatter stems on the 2nd gen. The noise cancellation is much stronger, so much so I have to have audio playing with it on, if I have to pause for a few moments I switch it off.

I recently did Dublin to Dubai 7hours flight and used just these for the entire flight, they're not as good as my qc25 Bose but they're super close now in the NC department any ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Redo91

Anyone have an issue with the air pods not connecting to your device once the case is out of battery even though the AirPods themselves have plenty of charge? Last night when I went to bed the case was dead but AirPods still had around 75% battery so figured I had enough to get through today. When I woke up I couldn’t connect them. Charged them in the case for 20 minutes and when I plugged it out the case had 15% battery and the AirPods were up around 90%. No way they could have charged up that much in such a short period of time so must have started from the 75% they were on.

From what I have read online the AirPods should still work once the case dies. I’m going back to Harvey Norman to report the issue tomorrow but just curious if anyone else has experienced this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Any update on this issue (airpods gen 1 or 2)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Redo91

Yes, I just had to update my iPhone and issue seemed to resolve itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Thank you Redo91

What’s everyones honest opinion on the Apple AirPods Pro 2’s ?

I’m trying to decide between the AirPods Pro 2 and the Sony WF-1000XM4’s!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,474 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

For me they are different type of headphones that are not competing in the same segment. I have the Airpods Pro2 and WF-1000XM3 (so model before m4) and I use them for different reasons.

Airpods for general working day use, wear them in work some times, great for phone calls etc. Sound is greatly improved over the first Airpods.

Their size makes them much more convenient to carry around then over ear headphones.

The Sony I'd use more for when sitting down to properly listen to someting whether they be music, movie etc.

They've a different sound to the airpods and for me provide a different experience and serve a different purpose.

So for me it all depends on what you need the headphones for and what your requirements are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

The Sony WF-1000XM3 mentioned by the poster are earbuds.

You might be confused about the model number you have (easily done with Sony's alphanumeric soup), because the WF-1000XM3 are earbuds too. I'm guessing you have the WH-1000XM3, which are the over-ear ones.

• Advertisement

Ha ha yes. you're 100% right so my post is completely useless.

Bloody Sony and their stupid naming schemes.😀

• Registered Users Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭ablelocks

do the airpods pro 2 play nicely with laptop - teams, zoom calls etc?

thanks

only checking before i fork out 300 quid on them is all. my sony WF-1000XM3 don't work so well for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

They actually don’t. Windows 10 does not seem to work well with Bluetooth mics. Not just AirPods. I stopped using my AirPods. Great with a Mac. But crap with a PC. Stick with wired for a PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Agree

Sound is poor and I have a constant hiss and I often get asked to repeat something when on a Teams call

I will be going back to a wired headset for use with laptop in work

any recommendations for a case or is it even needed?

Advertisement