Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account restriction/how to restart?

Options
  • 05-10-2022 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,863 ✭✭✭✭

My account with skybet has been restricted since 2015 for arbing and that will never change as long as I'm a customer.

I've emailed them to close the account and for any info related to my name and email be deleted from their database

would this mean in time I might be able to reopen another account if I somehow get them to wipe all my info? I'm guessing not but...

This is the reply I got

Hi there Liam. How are you today? Sorry for that, I can raise a Right Erasure for you. Please bare in mind the following - Under Article 17 of the General Data Protection Regulation individuals have the right to have personal data erased. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances. Companies can retain customer data for as long as is needed to fulfil their business and legal requirements. Individual requests will be reviewed and personal data erased only where it is no longer necessary or justifiable to retain the same.

I like skybet and would like to reopen with them. I have tried and failed to open an new account, new address, email but it's flagged straight away as they

have my name and date of birth.

Is there a way around this would anyone know? I'm guessing they're bookies and they'll always be a step ahead no matter what and will no doubt hold

onto some of my info regardless?

Advertisement