Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EI Chartership Query

Options
  • 05-10-2022 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All

Is it possible to become chartered for the purposes of becoming an Assigned Certifier?

I have an engineering qualification but have been working in BCAR for several years which is now the bulk of my experience and wondering if chartership is a possibility.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,577 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I don’t really understand the question, but here goes:

It is possible to get chartered if you meet the criteria. What you choose to do when chartered is up to you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Assigned Certifier Role is limited to the 3 professions as you already know I assume, Registered Building Surveyor, Registered Architect or Chartered Engineer.

If you can achieve CEng through EI then yes you can act as AC in BCAR.

What is your current role and interaction with BCAR and the BCMS?

Do you meet the criteria for CEng with EI?

Advertisement