Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 7/Pixel 7 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

i have the 6 pro and honestly apart from the face unlock not sure id be gaining a lot changing.. of course id like to as an early adopter freak but ill wait and see..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I will get the 7 pro if it comes with the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭TheRona

An interesting thing for me is whether the face unlock will also come to the 6 Pro via a software update, or whether it will be exclusive to the 7.

I also don't know whether the 5x optical is too much. It's a big jump from 1-5x.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

I'm on the fence, I have the Pixel 6 but I'd only be interested in the 7 Pro for the 5x optical zoom camera. I don't see much point in upgrading the 6 for a 7, so the Pro would tempt me, even though I'm not a fan of big 6'7 screen devices.

By the way, are the rumours of the free watch with that Pro true? Have they scrapped the Bose deals? If I was getting a normal Pixel 7 I'd prefer to get a pair of Bose QuiteComfort Earbuds II than the Pixel Buds Pro

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

There isn't really much difference at all, tbh!

But I am a sucker for tech, even if it does put me in debt 😆

Will there be a trade-in program for the older phones? 🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Was tempted to get the standard 7 on launch tomorrow (upgrading from OnePlus 6T), however the pro is now tempting me with the watch bonus.

Still hesistant due to the early 6 problems, but very due a phone upgrade so think ill be pulling trigger tomorrow.

Seems Ireland doesn't have a trade in programme where as UK does.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

I've a P6 & tbh don't see any reason to get the newer version. I got the free Bose headphones last year which are nice so if it's pixel buds this time round it wouldn't seal the deal for me. As well I'll be interested to see if Google support 5G on Eir with the new model as they don't with the P6/P6 pro for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Same here, there is no massive change to the P7 from a P6 to justify an upgrade in my opinion. The cameras are basically the same, the RAM & storage are the same, the device is just abit smaller. Face unlock would be a nice feature but they might bring that out on the P6 anyway. Overall I can't see the sales figures being as good as last year especially if they are giving away Google earbuds instead of Bose, which was a huge incentive for reorder/early sales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Anyone know from past experience how long the pre-order offers are available for and if they sell out of stock quickly? Last time I bought a pixel was years ago and I remember them selling out very quickly due to limited stock

last year it was a complete mess. on launch i spent 3 hours to get an order to go through.. kept saying out of stock.. i think they were available for a few days. before going out of stock again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

The Google store was an absolute shítshow last year when the 6 launched, kind of shocking for a company like Google who actually offer products to ensure your software can handle increased loads. The phone itself came in and out of stock constantly for days, if the version you want isn't in stock when you can finally load the page then just keep trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭henke

Anyone who got either a 6 or 6 Pro last year tempted to upgrade. The free Bose last year made it a good deal and it's tempting again with the Buds or Pixel Watch

New tablet? 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭henke

Bit of a surprise if it's launching. Most of the stuff online expected it to be 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭Blut2

I'm sure it'll be a grand phone but theres no real benefit of upgrading from a P6 from what I can see, the hardware specs are just too similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭TheRona

I've never failed to find a reason to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I thought blurry photos was fixed last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

They could do the same presentation every year at this stage and just increment the number at the end of the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Are they doing the pre-order deal for Ireland I wonder?

I don't see it on the drop down here:

https://promo-rewards.com/2022launch/en-GB#

But I did read that if ordered through the google store, it's automatic.

I'm tempted to upgrade from a P6P, but more so to upgrade my Wife's phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

I think Ireland is not getting Pixel, I see you can order it now in UK and Germany. However not in Irish Google Store.

€599 Pro, €899 - pre-order today/

I think Ireland is not getting Pixel, I see you can order it now in UK and Germany. However not in Irish Google Store.

We are, Ireland was on the list, and it's now in the store.

Bundle offers are in this presentation, "exciting news"

No bundle of the pro with the watch that I can see though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

It appeared now, but no mention of buds, watch or any other preoder bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Ive been checking through the live presentation but cant see if the Pro has the curved/waterfall screen. Even on the Google store pics of the pro cant quite make it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Disappointing, no pre order bonus for Ireland. Skipping the pixel this year it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Free buds/watch and trade in old phone option on the UK store but not Ireland??

Yep, looks like the European HQ gets fecked over again. Same old Google.

• Advertisement

not sure why but i ordered the pixel 7 pro.. if anyone fancies my pixel 6 pro let me know..

Advertisement