Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 7/Pixel 7 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭TheRona

I'm away on holiday at the moment, and I would have to say that the P7Pro is the first phone that hasn't left me wishing that I'd brought my DSLR with me. The improved wide angle and zoom really do make it much more versatile than the P6Pro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭dazzday

Does Wifi Calling work on Eir with Pixel 7?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭breeno

Anybody having issues lately with text being too big/small at times. It's seems to jump between the two at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I've just pulled the trigger on the Pixel 7 256GB model. I currently have a OnePlus 7T, so the Pixel 7 should be a nice upgrade. I've just bought the Spigen Liquid Air case as well 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭fawlty towers

Looking at the pixel 7 model. Coming from a OnePlus 3t that I have from new and have a few questions.

What I like about the OnePlus is its size. Good for one handed operation. Is this similar? Size seem about the same

Dual SIM is important due to work and personal numbers? How does the esim work? Is there space for 2 actual sims.

What is battery life like? Put a new battery in the OnePlus last year but needs charge during the day to last now.

Charging speed seems slower on this? Is this correct.

Is there any other phones I should be looking for that could compare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

If anyone had an issue with Spotify being logged out when your alarm is due to go off

If you hit snooze first, it works for second alarm- bizarre I know!

Also considering moving from the Pixel 5 - to the Pixel 7, what will I notice difference wise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,698 ✭✭✭corks finest

Np definitely not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,698 ✭✭✭corks finest

Moved from 12 pro max

Delighted with the 7 pro

Sure u will see a big difference

A load of fixes in the latest update

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/205950390/google-pixel-update-march-2023?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭KingCong

P7 on sale in the US Google store for $449 right now, no sign yet of any similar sale in the Irish or other stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Hopefully we get the discount too. Looking for new phone and have been tempted by Pixel 7. Currently using Samsung Galaxy A52

P7 discount would be great right about now!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭KingCong

Definitely, my wife's Pixel 3a has just decided to be permanently stuck in a boot loop so I need a new phone. If P7 was on sale now I'd get it but looks like I'll be going with the Vodafone offer for the P6a

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭xtal191

Think I'll just wait for the 7a, looks to be pretty much the same spec as the 7 but smaller

Just saw some leaked 7a spec- Would prefer the 7 though for myself!

Wonder if there is any issue if you picked up a USA version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

Do be careful - if you order online from the USA then you will probably be hit with big import duties. I don't know if it's true anymore but I think US phones used to be spec'd differently for their 3g/4g networks. I'm not sure if that is the case anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

Pixels don't have fast charging. Surely that is going to be a nightmare for anyone that is used to it? (I'd be coming from OnePlus 6T)

On 3rd pixel, well used to no fast charging! Continuing to like wireless though!

It's not too bad when your phone is low. You can get close to 50% in half an hour. It's just super slow from 80% on.

Nowhere near as fast as the likes of OP, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭flanzer

It's a right pain in the arse watching all the UK sites like Google's own store, Currys, John Lewis etc, offering discounts, along with trade discounts in on old phones. You could pick yourself up a Pixel 7 over there for less than €400!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭xtal191

We really do get shite deals over here, especially the lack of trade in options anywhere

You never get any value on trade ins. I sell my phone every year for a lot more than I'd get on a trade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I moved from a OnePlus 7T to the Pixel 7 about three weeks ago. I was a bit concerned about the slow charging speed of the Pixel 7 (compared to OnePlus), but to be honest it hasn't had any noticeable impact at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I moved from a OnePlus 7T Pro and I charge my Pixel overnight using adaptive charging and easily get a full day from it. I don't miss fast charging at all.

Doesn't it fast charge on a 30W charger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

You'll miss fast charging if you still have the phone in a couple of years and the battery has degraded significantly. I had a OnePlus 7 Pro and after 2.5 years the battery would definitely not last the day anymore, being able to top it up in 15-20 minutes before I left the house meant it wasn't a huge issue though.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Bykobap

Argos has slight reduction on price with 7 range.

Firstly, who has a phone for more than 2 years? 😂

Secondly, this is exactly why Pixel phones charge much slower from 80%+. They're trying to preserve the battery long-term.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Bykobap

I need help with data/media transfer during setup via cable.

It's stuck on "connecting to you pixel... preparing".

Cable is from Pixel 7 box so no issue.

Factory reset done & no progress.

Lg v20 is the other phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭RunDMC

I had a similar problem transferring from a Pixel 5 to the Pixel 7. Google support said to try unchecking photos and music and that did the trick. YMMV.

R

Advertisement