Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 7/Pixel 7 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,684 ✭✭✭micks_address

yeah mkbhd mentions the 7 is flat screen the 7 pro is slightly curved.. less so that last year. i cancelled my 7 pro pre order as its a marginal upgrade on the 6 pro.. ill see what the 8 brings to the party next year

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Yeah, reviewers now saying that its alot less pronounced than the 6 pro, so thats good news, but bad news for the bank account 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Philip42

I have a funny way of thinking…go for the standard Pixel 7, then i start looking at the S22, then the Ultra, then might as well go for the Pixel 7 pro. Cheaper than an Ultra. Strange. This way of thinking is expensive. Can’t decide. Samsung camera lag puts me off them yet they’re more feature rich. Damn you phone makers. Why is there always at least one point of contention??! If Google had thrown in the watch over here it would’ve been a simple decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,469 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

You can't stack discount codes in the Google store either. I tried using a 15% code I got for doing Google maps reviews but it cancelled the free watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

The t&c for that discount says "excludes pixel phones"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Am a bit pissed there is no pre order freebie this year.

Been looking at the iPhone 13 and 14 and then the pixel 7 as am looking to jump from a note 9.

Anyone preordered yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheRona

Yeah, I preordered. Still showing Oct 12-13 for delivery. Last year the projected delivery crept out a bit, so we'll see. The free thing would be nice, but it's not the end of the world not getting it. Should be able to sell my P6Pro for around €500, so won't cost too much to upgrade.

The Note 9 was a great device.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

I was going to pre-order but without the freebie I'm not seeing any benefit to pre-ordering. I think I'll hold off for Black Friday or even the Sammy S23 and what that delivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Philip42

I ordered an S22 standard on Amazon last night for a decent price. It comes with the free buds and Disney too. Thinking about giving Google the two fingers and getting some freebies from Samsung. There appeared to be only one left. It was £569 direct from Amazon.co.uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

I've been thinking this over for the course of the day, and while the idea of the watch as a promo gift, would've swung me fully to a 7Pro from my current Pixel 6, but with the likelihood of that not changing, I'm now considering holding onto it for the foreseeable future and just getting the watch instead in the mean time.

I have a promo code for 15% there to use so it'll bring it down to about €320.

Anyone else considering this?

Edit: Bit the bullet and ordered, let's see how she goes.

Also if anyone is getting the watch and your looking for bands, the Fitbit website has them all available for mid October delivery, unlike the Google store.

Post edited by skodacb on

• Advertisement

The one thing that would annoy me is the daily charging of the watch, I had the Moto 360 and this daily charging bugged me no end. The Pixel watch does look pretty though, and would have been a great freebie but I couldn't see myself buying it. (I'm too entwined in the Garmin ecosphere now too so I'm probably not the target customer).

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

I have the 6 also and was thinking of upgrading, but like yourself, I'm thinking of leaving it now and maybe waiting till the 8 instead. I am quite sore over the no bonus or even trade in option.

I recently bought the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro which has been awesome so I wasn't even really interested in the watch for itself, more that it would have been an easy sell to get money back and save on the price of the phone.

Looking on CeX, I think I can get 318 for the phone but I expected slightly more if I traded into Google directly. Also wouldn't have to go to the effort of whatever the process is to sell to them.

Anyway, I'll prob wait now until Black Friday at least!

Post edited by jaykay2 on

I did consider that but in coming from the 4a so have gone the German forwarding route.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭baziled13

Pixel watch is only available Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Ireland, Japan, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States

So it's only Denmark and Ireland left out of promotion for the watch.

What PO Box or Parcel Motel type company are you using to buy from Germany?

Just had a look there and they are only offering 300 trade in for a Pixel 6 so no real benefit to that if you can get the same or slightly more from CeX here.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

That's pretty messed up! I've been vocal about this on Google's social media accounts and have chatted to them online about, I doubt it'll make the slightest difference, but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

This is crazy stuff. Media should be all over something like this. RTE? Perhaps instead of another reality show? Joe? Whatever............it's bizarre stuff.

Well I just bit the bullet and ordered the pro and the LTE watch. You can add it to your cart for €0 so it all comes together. Set up an account on Mailboxde.com for the delivery. Paid with PayPal.

Looks like it worked so far anyway. We'll see when it comes to shipping I suppose.

Justifying it in my head because I can get over 300 for my Pixel 6, plus similar I imagine for the watch. Also have another couple of old phones around the house that seem to be worth a few quid on CeX so if might not cost me much in the end with all of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭stickman1019

Hey I would be interested in this option.

Could you post a link of the company you bought from and the german forwarding company?

I'm not the person you replied to but I did the same and the forwarding company are Mailboxde.com. bit of messing around setting up the address due to not knowing the German format for addresses and the site was in German but Google lens translated it for me and I managed to get it done.

Paying through PayPal as I didn't think they would accept an Irish card at a German address.

• Advertisement

Shipgerman.com lads.

It'll be interesting to see if the orders will be fulfilled. I tried similar a few years ago buying from Google UK and the order was cancelled due to "suspicious activity".

Yeah, used to be no problem. Not anymore.

I have a couple of German mates, so I think I'm gonna get them to preorder for me, cancel my one here

• Registered Users Posts: 13 johnnycullen

Waiting weeks to order mine but after left out with no explanation I'll wait for One Plus 11. Just inexplicable.

It's not really. Tbh I think little old Ireland was always lucky to get included in these promotions. A lot bigger markets often miss out. It wasn't that long ago that we couldn't even purchase a pixel directly from Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭stickman1019

Cheers for the update; more I think about this I'm gonna hold off

I was very dissapointed with the fingerprint on Pixel 6 think I'm gonna wait a few month to see what the reviews are like.

Currently there is no bonus to going on the pre-order for me; it represents too much risk.

If the Watch and Trade was available it would represent good value;

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

As someone with the Pixel 6 Pro, the fact they're going to give me £320 rebate and throw in a variety of whatever version of the watch I want makes it seem attractive to me.

However that attraction wears off when I see that the changes made to the device itself seem to be very small unless I'm missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

If the watch wasn't underwhelming in regards to processor and battery I might have been tempted to upgrade to a Pixel 7 Pro from my Pixel 6 - but I'm not digging the watch. A pity as I was looking forward to a Pixel watch :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I work in UK at times yes. Original 6 pro was bought in UK

Advertisement