Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 7/Pixel 7 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Been interested in the Pixel amd the watch for a while but gonna wait and see the camera review as that's my main priority with my phone. Battery life with the watch sounds disappointing as my ticwatch battery is similar.

It will be hard to move me from the mi 11 ultra yet I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ste2006

Was planning on the pixel 7 but a little miffed we don't get offers other countries are getting. Do we normally get these offers? If I wait until Black Friday is it likely we won't get the offers again but other countries will? Not sure what to do...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

I'm selling a Spiegen Liquid Air case for the Pixel 6 Pro, minimal usage, immaculate condition. I wonder will it fit the Pixel 7 Pro?

From here there seems to be very little difference between the two - Compare Google Pixel 6 Pro vs. Google Pixel 7 Pro - GSMArena.com

Cheers,

M

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

I purchased from Germany. Simple enough process. Used Mailboxde.com for delivery and think it will be around 20 quid to have it shipped here. Will take a few extra days to get here now too of course.

They let you add the watch to your basket for free and all ships together. Got the LTE version, only because it was more expensive. Planning on selling it anyway as I have a Galaxy Watch 5 pro and not planning on changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Where did you purchase from? Google Germany store? VPN?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭TheRona

Right, I've ordered on the German store for delivery to a friend over there. Also went for the LTE model, which I'm going to sell. Was looking forward to the Pixel watch, but with an older processor and average battery life, I'd rather upgrade my Garmin.

Time to cancel my Irish preorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

How do you go to the German google store? Is vpn necessary?

He did it for me, but you can just click on the irish flag right at the bottom of the Irish Store, then choose another country from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Venara

You don't need a VPN. You can literally just change what store you're on at the bottom of the page.

I also ordered from the German store and am having it sent to my sister in Germany (who will then forward the package to me). Paid with PayPal (using an Irish card as the payment method in PayPal) and have been charged. Order has moved from "Ordered" to "Preparing for Dispatch", and just recently to "Prepared for Dispatch".

Looks like that's working fine so far. Unless they cancel last minute, I expect this to go through.

*edit: The irony of this mess with Ireland not being included in the promotion is that the order is actually being dispatched from "Google Commerce Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland" according to the order confirmation email 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 36,137 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Advertisement

When did you order? What is your expected delivery? Mine is saying 12th-17th expected delivery over in Germany. I used my friend's account with his address, probably should have just used my account and sent to him. Money has gone from my Revolut anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Venara

Ordered yesterday at 11pm, order status page currently says "Prepared to dispatch - Delivers 13 Oct - 17 Oct".

I ordered using my own Google account, which is registered with my personal details and Irish address. I just put in my sister's German address for delivery and that worked just fine. Money has been charged successfully and, as I said, it has gone through two processing steps at "Ordered" and "Preparing for dispatch" already, so I unless they do indeed do any last minute cancel shenanigans, I don't see why this shouldn't go through.

I expect it may just be viewed as me ordering this as a gift for someone, if they even look at this sort of thing at all. It is ordered to a private residential address after all, not a forwarding service.

Yeah, my problem is that the order confirmation has my friends name, rather than mine. Might be an issue for insuring it, but I guess I can easily prove I paid for it.

Mine is still showing as ordered rather than shipped or prepared for shipping so I hope there won't be an issue with using the forwarding service.

We'll see. Was only ordered at 10.00am this morning.

Just realised I can't cancel my Irish order. Although it says I can view or edit the order, there's no option to cancel as it says it's prepared to dispatch. Going to have to deal with Google customer support again.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Hmm, I ordered earlier than that but status is still just ordered. Wonder if it's because of the forwarding address.

I'm in the same boat but only ordered this morning. I guess I will know it's not going to work if I hear yours was cancelled.

I imagine they might notice that a lot of orders are to the same address.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

What color did you guys go for? I see Hazel now shows end of October/early November delivery.

Reading Reddit posts from Pixel 6 launch, they cancelled a lot of German forwarding address orders. Not too hopeful now.

• Advertisement

Ye, I would prefer not to use a forwarding address if possible but may be an option. Is an offer likely for Black Friday does anyone know or are we always left out?

Yeah, probably not looking good so. Pretty annoying but I guess I'll have to look at it as saving 900 quid...

Might be the nail in the pixel coffin for me going forward. The 6 had some issues and then we get screwed with the 7. Might go back to Samsung after all this.

Not sure what options we have left after this. Don't know anyone in Germany and would be paying nearly 70 quid more to buy from the UK. I have an address in the North I could use but it would be a bitter pill to swallow to pay even more than the euro price.

If they are going to cancel, I hope they do it soon so I can think about other options.

Anyone other good suggestions instead of Pixel 7 Pro, good camera and minimal bloatware. Thanks

I wonder if I cancelled the order myself on Google Germany would it release the hold for the payment amount on Paypal, or if that will take a number of days to fall off?

Just conscious that if I want to try ordering from the UK, I don't want nearly 2k being held on my card for the purchase in Germany as well as one from UK if I order there after cancelling.

Got on to support and they said mine was awaiting inventory. I have a clear case covered with mine so might be the hold up?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Ordered the watch directly from Google Ireland and have a prepared to dispatch status now with deliver ly expected 12 or 13 October

Hopefully we'll see them progress Monday, but I'm still doubtful. Would just like to know one way or another if they are likely to be cancelled. Don't want to be left with no time (or stock available) to figure out an alternative.

They'll ship separately if there's one delaying the other. My screen protector is arriving on Monday, the phone itself on Tuesday or Wednesday.

• Advertisement

Yeah, that's my experience too. I worry that the support person they spoke to, might not have known what was going to happen. We'll see.

Advertisement