Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening an account

• 05-10-2022 4:10pm
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1

I’ve been trying to open a current account but I have discovered I need a proof of address but I do not have one as i am 16. What should I do ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Please see attached. How to Apply - 2nd level Current Account - Bank of Ireland

You will receive an email following the completion of your application with a link to our upload hub, where you should upload the following documents to complete the application:

• Your current Passport
    • A selfie of you holding your Passport
    • Parent / legal guardian address (1 piece of address verification documentation dated within the last 6 months)

You must seek your parent’s / legal guardian’s consent before providing us with the address verification belonging to them. You should also provide your parent / legal guardian with a copy of the Bank’s data privacy notice which is included in this application form and which will be emailed to you once your application is submitted.

The surname on the address verification must match the surname on your Passport. If they do not match, please complete the application in any Bank of Ireland branch and provide the above documents along with your Birth Certificate/ Guardianship Document.

Thanks,

Declan

Advertisement