Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linkedin Jobs - Number of Applicants

Options
  • 05-10-2022 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows what the number of applicants displayed on a Linkedin job is based on. How is the value counted if the apply button can redirect to the employers own website (which doesn't necessarily mean someone has completed the application process), I'm assuming they are not just counting a click of the apply button as an application in those cases.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,299 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I saw a video on Twitter I believe and it said every click of the Apply button was counted and not actual completed applications.

If you click it yourself you should see it increase by 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,278 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

In fairness LinkedIn is a cavern of lies, made up hokey, exaggerated codswallop and falsified information…

an ex colleague of mine was known for displaying his job title and responsibilities on LinkedIn as being vastly different from the job title and work he had responsibilities for…he was a supervisor, while on LinkedIn he claimed he was a manager….

take a pinch of salt as to what you read on there especially on behalf of companies and managers / HR

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mtb_sends

@Atlantic Dawn I tried clicking the apply button on different devices which were on different networks and it didn't appear to impact the value.

@Strumms your probably right with the take it with a pinch of salt. I saw a job that showed as having 60 applicants which to me means I shouldn't bother applying. It's the wrong attitude though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

The ones that take you to a company website to actually apply - you need to then go back to linked in and hit 'i applied for this job' for it to be counted.

I wouldn't trust their counts at all tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mtb_sends

@runawaybishop ah thats interesting. Always wondered how accurate it was.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Every click gets it marked as an application

• Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Has anyone ever found it useful. Locked in.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

When people start a sentence with "In fairness", you just know that everything that follows will anything but something highly opinionated and anything but fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

I've never found it useful.

I have the impression is mostly used by recruitment agencies to promote themselves and by extension for LinkedIn to promote it self.

• Advertisement
Advertisement