Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Chimney Breast

Options
  • 06-10-2022 8:37am
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1

I have an insert stove which really heats the chimney breast. This is great in one respect as it really heats the room and throws out heat all day and the following day even after the fire has extinguished. My issue is that it gets so hot that it has cracked and loosened the tiles, adhesive and grout that were fixed and also cracked the chimney breast internally. The chimney has a flexible flue fitted. How do I heatproof the chimney externally to protect the tiles and grout? Or should I? I got almost 15 years out of the last tiles

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You'll need to confirm your email address first so you can post normally. Once that's done I'll move this to a forum that's related to the topic instead.

Advertisement