Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Share

Options
  • 06-10-2022 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking about applying for JS for next year, secondary. I've heard you get roughly 65% of salary, can anyone share their experience? How does it count for pension? Do you pay in extra? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭acequion

Job sharing only counts for half a year's service. So basically half the value of a year full time. I wanted to job share this year but was advised not to as it just wouldn't pay me. I'm also buying back years on the notional service scheme and you still have to pay the full time rate, no allowances for working part time. So when I did the sums I decided against it. They really should incentivise older experienced teachers to stay in the job rather than hunt us out the door. I would have loved to wind down towards retirement on an easier workload, instead I'm really struggling and feeling burned out already. I am probably, hopefully on my last year

My advice is to get good advice before making a decision. There are a lot of variables and it really depends on what would suit you personally and financially. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Icsics

Thanks for that Acequion. Yes, I’d love the idea of half workload but it’s prob adding years to retirement. I’ve a good bit to retirement & I’d say it would be hard to change back from jobshare.

Advertisement