Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BER differences on 2 houses in same estate

Options
  • 06-10-2022 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

A house for sale in my estate has a BER of C3 / Energy Performance Indicator:203.29 kWh/m²/yr. They have a new boiler installed 4 years ago but nothing else mentioned regarding insulation improvements. The windows and doors are the originals from when house was built in 1996.

My house is also on the market and has a BER of D1 / Energy Performance Indicator: 253.91 kWh/m2/yr.

The BER was done 6 years ago but we have made a number of improvements since which i wonder would help push the BER to a C3 ?

Attic: Insulation upgraded from 150mm to 300mm. 100mm insulation board added to hatch and sealed.

Fireplace: Stove type with door so no drafts

Living & Dining Room : 82 mm insulated board on all external walls, 25 mm fixed to reveals and skim.

Kitchen : Roof space is insulated with Kooltherm K7 50 mm insulation. Remaining ceiling area covered with 38 mm insulated board. Velux added which is standard double glazed U-value 1.4 toughened outer pane.

The boiler is the original but is connected to a Nest thermostat so heating can be controlled via an app.

Do you think these small improvements could potentially push it to a C3 ?

Thanks for any info.

Comments

Advertisement