Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden - 3Arena 2023

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Mine was forty years ago, Piece of Mind tour in 1983 at Glasgow Apollo the day after my brother's wedding.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Malmsteen

Hi all... hope someone can help with my query. Good friend of mine bought standing tickets for this gig for me and him all in his name, printed on the tickets of course. My good friend passed away suddenly and his widow has given me the tickets and told me to head to the gig as normal but chatting to some one recently they told me I may not get into the gig because my late friends name are on the tickets... which would be terrible as this is going to be memorial gig for my pal... any info will be grately appreciated as we went to numerous Maiden gigs over the years. Thanks folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭fillup

In the 100s of gigs I've been to I've never been asked for my name

Enjoy the gig and sorry to hear about ur friend

Yes of course same here..... but last Irish Maiden gig we went too you needed the Named Bank card the tickets were bought with as a secondary verification....

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭fillup

Ah sorry didn't cop it was one of those type gigs

Try tweeting the promoter and/or ticketb@stard & explaining the situation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭in2dark

Does anyone know the times? I see doors open 18:30 but what time will Maiden start?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

3 arena twitter will post times but bar odd exception indoor headliner slots in ireland/uk always start around 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Support confirmed for 19:30.

Maiden should be 20:40/50ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Ya, usually around 9. But I saw something online on independen.ie that said that Maiden on stage at 8. Can't be right, Would be over before 10 at the rate.

I'd say the earliest will be 8.50. But going to make it there for 8.15 just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

standing available on ticketmaster there now, for any last minutes....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Any word on tonite? Was planning on trying to bag a last minute ticket but a nasty ear infection put paid to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Class gig! Great sound, great stage show, and Bruce was in top form, running around like a man 20 years younger and his voice was spot on.

I found Janick Gers' posturing a bit distracting at first (and was he even playing at times??) but after a while it wasn't an issue. Great guitar playing from all three.

Highlight was the laser canon shoot out between Eddie and Bruce. And of course the Spinal Tap moment when Bruce hit the gong... and it fell down.

We left just at the encore break so not sure what they played to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 War ensemble

fantastic show. Sound was top notch. Bruce’s singing was spot on. Agree with previous poster on Janick .. did wonder was he actually playing 🤣. They finished on wasted years and then Bruce brought out a tray of Guinness which they all skulled. Nice touch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Absolutely fantastic show, Bruce’s voice was incredible he’s in some shape brilliant gig. First time I’ve seen a bigger queue for T-shirts than drink at a gig.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Great stuff. Saw them in Ormeau Park last year and they were class. Going to try and get last minute ticket for o2 London. The pics from last night look incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

Brilliant gig. Really strong vocals. Tempted with the event t-shirt but ended up picking one up outside for €10 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Amazing gig, sound was great Bruce was on top form. Eddie was there as always and they played The Trooper, my favourite Maiden tune.

That and the fact that my young lad joined his first moshpit made it a special night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Fantastic gig. I seen them in Belfast last summer, but I actually enjoyed Saturday's gig more. I love the idea of touring a new album, and a classic album. They played the 5 best songs of Senjutsu, 5 from Somewhere in Time, and 5 other classic songs. I was very happy to hear "Can I play with Madness", SSOASS is my fav Maiden album, and on my 4th time seeing them, I finally hear a song of that album! They have such a massive back catalog of material.

Its was the best stage they ever had, the backdrop for "Death of the Celts" was something else, also an epic song to hear live, same can be said for Hell on Earth", and of course "Alexander the Great"

I wonder what's their plan after his tour, normally they do an greatest hits tour, followed by a new album and accompanying tour but covid has messed up that cycle. With Senjutsu being nearly 2 years old, I wouldn't be surprised of they start work on a new album.

Fantastic Gig ..... Maiden were flawless once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Amazing show, definitely feel I got my moneys worth, props, Eddie and pyro, unreal stage setup. Bruce was full of energy and his voice was spot on. Got to hear wasted years my favourite maiden song, Alexander the Great was class, the new stuff was really good. I won't hesitate to go see them again, 18 years was too long. They sounded even better than then to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Was it sold out ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Stuffed. Excellent gig ... Maiden were on top form and the crowd were great. Loved the Somewhere In Time backdrops and songs (obviously) ..

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Aladdin Sane

Ive now seen Maiden 8 times since 1990 and I can’t explain how they have hit their peak live at this stages of their careers. Absolutely incredible gig 🤘😎🤘

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

WOW !!!

Some pics !!!! 👌👏

What kind of camera did you use !?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Aladdin Sane

Canon G7X Mark 2.

it’s a small compact size camera that takes SLR quality RAW photographs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

@Aladdin Sane Believe it was my 8th Maiden gig also. 2nd best I'd put this one at that's how good it was.

Only the second time I've seen in Dublin, atmosphere was immense. What's happened? I reckon a Marlay show isn't off the cards in 2 years perhaps there's been a surge.

I saw them in Ormeau Park Belfast last year which is on a par with Marlay and it was packed. I couldn't get tickets for 3Arena this year (ended up having to work anyway as it turned out) and I couldn't get tickets for London tonite either. There's like literally, none.

They're drawing a huge crowd of all ages, a lot of teens are at these gigs.

Dare I suggest it - Slane?

I saw them in Ormeau Park Belfast last year which is on a par with Marlay and it was packed. I couldn't get tickets for 3Arena this year (ended up having to work anyway as it turned out) and I couldn't get tickets for London tonite either. There's like literally, none.

They're drawing a huge crowd of all ages, a lot of teens are at these gigs.

Dare I suggest it - Slane?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Maiden for Slane - absolutely no chance (thankfully). Back in 2005 (I think) they played outdoor in the RDS and I that wasn't sold out (although it was stuffed).

I think 3Arena is about max capacity for Maiden in Dublin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement