Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone - Gigabox + Static IP Range

Options
  • 06-10-2022 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,

I've recently moved to Vodafone (possibly a bad move!) and have had a /29 range of static IP addresses applied

That in itself was a mammoth task to get right but it's now set up correctly, trouble is i'm not seeing any way to get the gigabox to route traffic to a connected device on one of those IP addresses

Has anyone else had a /29 range applied and used it successfully with the gigabox, if so...please teach me your wizardry!

The current setup is basically as follows..

xxx.xxx.xxx.100 - Network Address

xxx.xxx.xxx.101 - Gigabox address

xxx.xxx.xxx.103 - Windows machine with IP settings manually entered

xxx.xxx.xxx.104 - Firewall device with IP settings manually entered

Doing a traceroute to either the 203 or 204 address stops dead at 201, the gigabox

What am i missing here!? Any help gladly appreciated (or suggestions on devices to use instead of the VF gigabox - possibly a TD-W9970?)

The support are less than helpful, and even sometimes argumentative...never known anything like it!

Thanks

Advertisement