Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying phones from Cex

Options
  • 06-10-2022 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭

if i buy an iphone X from Cex how can i tell its in good condition, eg the health of the battery ,can i use the menu, settings, battery , power etc?

i just use android phones, i,m buying an iphone for a friend ,iphone x, i usually just buy new phones from eircom shops .

I dont want to spend 350 on a phone and then discover the battery lasts only 9 hours.

Are there any other shops that are recommended , that sell preowned iphones in dublin ,or should i just look in the phone shops in Moore street

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Go to Settings, Battery and then Battery Health.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

thanks very much ,its easy, so i,ll buy a iphone thats maybe 88-90 per cent if they let me check the battery health,setting

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Last time I bought a phone from them, they offered a 2 year warranty on the battery. Worth checking if they still do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭breeno

Their 2 year warranty is very good and they do let you play around with the phone before buying. Check that the screen clarity looks normal as the camera lense as well as they can sometimes be replaced by cheaper non Apple parts before being traded to cex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,088 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Hopefully you don't buy stolen goods wherever you get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

It's an iPhone X so it is old already probably won't be useable in 2 years time due to generational updates and apple stopping support of it by then so consider the apple issues as well as wear and tear cosmetic damage etc etc.

i bought a phone on adverts ie , half the price, 85 per cent battery health, i,m not an apple expert, my 4 year old android phone still works fine,

i might use it for browsing for 10 minutes ,playing music for 2 hours, or listening to radio programs. i dont use finance apps, bank apps or credit cards or online purchases on it ,its not linked to my credit card, i have no credit card, so i,m not concerned about getting hacked due to lack of new updates to the os

I think I'll use my Sony phone for YouTube ,podcasts ,radio for another 3 years as long as the battery lasts ,currently I,ll

Charge it to 98 percent it says 2days 4 hour battery left

Advertisement