Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK mortgage for Irish self employed.

• 06-10-2022 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am Irish citizen working as self employed(using limited company) for 5 years. The company is profitable and has profits in the account books. I pay myself as director and also pay my wife as company secretary with our combined income of ~100k Euro annually.

We are planning to buy a house and looking to apply for mortgage in UK(preferably HSBC). We will eventually move there once the house is finalized and that will be our primary residence. My questions below.

• Would HSBC or other UK banks consider an IRISH citizen & Self employed applying for UK mortgage with out being resident in UK at time of application?
    • Would the company profits be considered when finalizing my mortgage cap?
    • In case of UK banks not considering my self employment status, what are the best options for me?
    • If we have >= 30% deposit would that do help my mortgage application?
    • (Please note that I am home owner in Ireland and owns a 2BHK in Dublin with monthly mortgage payments <= 1000 Euro.)

-Bhanuprakash.

Advertisement