Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day 1 with Sage Barista Pro - not grinding.

Options
  • 07-10-2022 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Brand new Sage Barista Pro arrived today (SES878).

Very excited and was working my way through a dialling in tutorial (maybe had done 3 or 4 grinds) when suddenly no more grinding was happening...

A whirring noise was being made, but not the sound of grinding nor were any grinds coming out.

I turned to the manual and followed the instructions, cleaning the machine and clearing it of any dust/beans etc.

I put it back together but the same problem occurred... I checked the manual again - perhaps I had somehow got some moisture in there... so I took it apart again and used a high dryer to ensure that everything was bone dry.

Unfortunately this has still not solved the problem.

Again, when k go to grind (manual or automatic mode), there is a whirring noise, but nothing happens?

Have I received a dud?

I feel like the beans aren't reaching the bottom grinder...

below is a short video I took to show the problem.

Any advice would be much appreciated otherwise it'll be a return to be sorted out next week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Is the bean hopper locked into place? Maybe take the hopper off and see if there's anything out of place in the grinder, you should also be able to remove the upper burr and check for any issues and refit.

Advertisement