Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamonnator RIP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Ah no. RIP Eamonn. That's a shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭dahat

R.I.P, very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭hesker

R.I.P. Eamonn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Terrible news. Interacted with him many times on here, always a gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

Terrible news, sincere condolences to his family and indeed his cycling family. RiP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Doc07

RIP

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Really sorry to hear. Interacted with him here and met him on many spins, events and God know where else. A cycling stalwart and will be sorely missed. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

I looked in here earlier to see if this was posted, Eamonn was local to me and while we knew each other in real life it took a while to register our connection on boards.

A gentleman who loved cycling ,loved a chat and loved debating while you were with him, he sadly had an accident on the Tony Golden (Garda) cycle two weeks ago.

May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭meercat

Rest in peace

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭mvt

Ah, very sad to hear.

Just know him from his posts on here, always a voice of reason.

What lovely photos on his sons post above particularly the one with the bidon in his hand- a fitting testimonial to a cyclist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

That's awful news. I only knew him from here. By all accounts he had a bit of an engine in him. May he rest and ride in peace forever.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

That's awful news. Always a great contributor to this forum, and a really nice guy.

Had loads of interactions on here, behind the scenes and a couple of times in real life

RIP

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Well f*ck, a really nice guy the few times I talked to him, RIP. Condolences to all who knew him.

We didn't really know each other up until recent times. I'd have known him to see for sure as I'm from near by but I think it was just after the first lockdown I was heading over Bryanstown and he was coming out of his estate heading the same way as me towards the Dublin Rd on the bike and complemented my Kas jersey and then asked if I was on boards as he'd remembered I posted here about having a long sleeved one and we'd have both known the other was in Drogheda. We exchanged names and fist bumps.

I remember not long after that a PM exchange with him here after John Carolan who had run a bike shop on Trinity street for many years passed and we exchanged stories about him and the shop. New boards seems to have got rid of those messages but if I recall Eamon told me that was where he got his bike having moved to Drogheda as a Gardá in the late 70's I think it was.

I've heard people who have no connection to cycling or the Gardaí mention him today such was the stature of the man locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

He certainly had an engine in him. The last time I encountered him (on the road) was going over the 3 sisters (between Naul and Oldtown). He caught up with me and we exchanged a few pleasantries and then he took off as if I was standing still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

RIP. He was a great contributor on here for many years. My condolences to his family, friends and cycling community.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Very sorry to hear. RIP Eamonnator

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

RIP.

Boards acquaintance only but sad to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭letape

So very sad… I just met him once outside of here and he was a real gentleman. Condolences to his family and friends.

RIP Eamonn. Very sad news. Condolences to his family and all who knew him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

That's just terrible news. Sincere condolences to all his family and friends. RIP Eamonn

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Ah Eamonn, a truly truly lovely person, an absolute gent. So shocking and sad. R.I.P. Eamonn, and massive condolences to his family and friends. I can't believe it.

I always enjoyed his contributions to boards.

May he rest in peace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

RIP Eamonn.

Only knew him from on here but always a very decent and positive poster.

I've a memory of him talking of the value of bike to his mental health at one stage of his life. I've a clear memory of him offering to post stuff for free to some random poster. He also posted about his son in relation to mountain biking and photography I believe.

I know he had an involvement at one stage with Mountain biking in cycling Ireland, maybe in time someone who knew him in the real world might post a tribute to his contribution to cycling and his influence.

I was just reading an article featuring his son from a few years back, he mentioned his father quite a bit in relation to the bike.

Very sad when someone so active goes before their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

RIP Eamonn. I only knew him from on here but he stood out. I lost the little magnet for my wheel for a cheapo bike computer and he pm'd me for my address out of the blue and sent me a replacement just like that. What an act of class.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Very sorry to hear this. RIP Eamonn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Terrible news.

We shared a couple turns from scotch hall up through bryanstown one day. Didn't know the man apart from posts here. Great poster, always came across as a gent

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Awful news. RIP Eamonn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

R.I.P. Eamonn.

He came across as a very nice chap. Very sad news to hear of his passing.

Condolences to his family and all those who knew him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Ah no way!

I met him a few times and was always a pleasure to meet.

RIP

Advertisement