Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

anyone imported vintage car/van from Czech Republic before?

Options
  • 08-10-2022 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

been looking for a long while now for an affordable decent VW T25 (T3) Multivan for camper project…finally might have found the right bus…price agreed in principle and it’s even a Syncro! BUT it’s in the CZ Republic.

Has anyone experience of bringing something in from there and what’s involved with the VRT etc? I was all set for a euro adventure but are the normal rules same for vintage import from there as opposed to say Holland or France?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭w124man

Czech is in the EU so no difficulties. Just drive it across. VRT will be low. Don't know what it will be if its a van you bought or not. I've owned 4 T3 Syncros over the years but eventually got rid as genuine parts were impossible to get. My Multivan went to Iceland, My Green 2.1 went to Canada, the White one which was the last one ever made in RHD is still in Dublin I think but I've no idea what happened to the silver one. There are a few about in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭martco

thanks a mil w124man

I hear ya on the parts etc. its a fair point, frustrating

80's German kit is my thing and I've cared for many over the years...always fancied T3 Multivan....have thought (fantasised lol) about other directions like a lwb G with rooftop tent box, 4x4 Sprinter, mog, yadda but they're out of my r€ach

I'm handy and I know I could take care of a T25 --> T4 but as u said PARTS lol I'll have a pause for thought methinks

great looking vans there btw credit to ya

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭w124man

A T25 worth having that you could actually drive is North of €10,000 these days

Advertisement