Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good keyboard for touch typing

Options
  • 08-10-2022 11:39am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good keyboard for a touch typist?

I absolutely detest chicklet / low profile keyboards as I'm unable to type by feel on them properly and often miss letters out and have to look when I type on them as I don't have the same feedback or feel that I do from a keyboard with deep profile keys.

Budget is not a problem as such, but I'd prefer to have a wireless device and happy to go for a wireless keyboard and mouse combo as long as the mouse isn't one of those stupidly small mice that is impossible for anyone other than a child to hold in their hand properly.

Also I don't need it for gaming and I don't need any LED. Just a proper keyboard.

I looked at the Logitech 710 and 850 combos

• The 710 seems to come across well but the mouse looks absolute shite and the key profiles don't look that good. It has a lot of good features though and is well laid out and sure is pretty
    • The 850 has less bells and whistles and special extra buttons, but does come with a better mouse. However the keyboard has a slight curve which makes me wonder if that is going to be comfortable or not.

I was also considering the Razer Pro Type Ultra, which generally seems to be the daddy of productivity keyboards, but seems almost impossible to get hold of.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I'm not sure about touch typing, but I had the Logitech K380 until I broke it.

Comfortable and silent round keys. Looks nice. Wireless with batteries. £30 on Amazon.

And I use the ANEWISH brand wireless mouse. Silent and comfortable. Wireless. USB charging every couple of weeks. No complaints.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Having looked at it, that's specifically everything I don't want in a keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I have an ergodox EZ, took a bit of getting used to but way more comfortable for typing on now and pain in shoulders gone. I find the lack of F keys/Num pad a bit annoying too but for actual typing it is vastly superior

[B]Don't go by Price[/B] either in bricks & mortar or online, OP. I have about 10 different keyboards on their own, 4 are wireless and are unused. My favourite is a GAMDIAS wired gaming keyboard bought 4 years ago. I also own a Sony VAIO keyboard which was bought in a gadget shop in D'Olier Street 6 years ago.

Advertisement