Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Contained Kerosene

• 08-10-2022 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭

Hi, I put 20 litres of Kero in the oil tank, when to bleed the boiler as it had run out, and instead of normal looking Kerosene coming out, it looked more like water. The boiler is old, about 20 years, so I turned off the Kero supply to see run out a leak in the boiler, all fluid stopped coming out. I dipped the tank and there is dirt in the tank, but the Kero does looks red.

2 Questions,

1. Has anyone had this trouble before and is it an easy fix? There is a plumber on the way to sort it, fingers crossed.
    2. If the boiler does require replacing, any idea of costs? If it does need replacing, What options is there, may it be go away from Oil fired to heat pump?

Advertisement