Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Ender 3 S1 Pro

Options
  • 08-10-2022 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭

Anyone any experience with these printers?

I'm following the online tutorial which basically involves:

Manually leveling the 4 corners using the bed adjustment wheels.

You then set the z offset for the centre point to bring nozzle to 0.1mm from bed.

Last step is to run the auto bed leveling, which builds a mesh

I've done the above several times, but my prints are still crap. Nozzle seems to be an inconsistent amount from bed, resulting in PLA not sticking or being mashed on as it's too close

Appreciate if anyone can help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 stopmoclay

Ender 3 Pro here myself, in the EXACT same situation as you

Haven't been able to get a working print whatsoever despite constant bed leveling, test prints, even got a glass bed, silicon springs, and a CR Touch and I'm still fucked

At this stage I'll pay someone to look at this thing for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

So the solution for me:

Manually level the bed as good as you can on all 4 corners, twice.

Then adjust the z offset on the middle point until it pinches the paper.

Now run the auto leveling

In your slicing software add the gcode to use the mesh generated by the auto leveling

M420 L0 S1 ; Loading the bed mesh

Clean bed with fairy liquid.

Preheat for your material.

Wipe bed down while hot with meths or some alcohol cleaner. Get Pritt stick, apply it to the print area, go over twice.

Start print

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

I think the glue stick was basically the thing that did it.

Note I don't manually level or auto level the bed each time, I only did this once and I've done 20+ prints without having to do that.

Hope this helps you

Advertisement