Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Air to water heat pump

• 08-10-2022 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi. Did anyone ever heard of Nipo cool air company? Company is based in Portugal. I got a quote from company eurotech for a heat pump and it’s 50% cheaper the any other heat pumps. Also guy said You don’t need new water boiler installed with this pump

Post edited by liamog on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

So here's my advice, look up the number of service agents for that brand and if there's only one in the country then don't bother.

Heat pumps need servicing like anything else and you want to make sure you'll have support for a few years down the line

Regarding the boiler comments, just to be sure the salesman said the boiler and not hot water cylinder? If so, then I think what's he's doing is setting up a bivalent system

So you end up with two heat sources, heat pump and a gas boiler for example. The heat pump will be smaller then and will handle the fairly marginal days when you don't need a lot of heat. Then the gas boiler kicks in on very cold days to give the heat pump a boost

The idea works well in principle, but it does require a bit more design input. You can imagine getting two different heating systems to cooperate can be challenging and if the engineer makes a balls out of it then you'll end up in a worse situation than when you started

I guess to summarise, do your homework regarding your installer, make sure an actual heating engineer has looked at the design and signed off on it

I've recently started watching the channel Heat Geeks on YouTube, I'd recommend going through it because they're very knowledgeable

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

I enjoyed this one earlier in the week. Interesting to see someone not go for the heat pump. I know someone who recently went for electric radiators instead of underfloor and then an air to air heat pump for cooling the gaf during the summer.

I actually prioritise being cool during the summer than being roasting during the winter and totally roasted during the summer with no cooling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hrvoje15

Hi. Thanks for reply. I think it’s the hot water cylinder that he said we don’t need. Also we don’t have gas and that guy is the only installer here in Ireland. I couldn’t find any video about this heat pump on YT and I’m not really sure. I’ll probably go at the end with someone else

Advertisement