Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Town 1983 you tube

• 08-10-2022 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Has anyone seen this fascinating film ? It's a great look back before the regeneration that took place to improve the quality of housing and facilities in the town. The first 5 minutes are definitely not from 1983 but more like 1950's . What was the name of the street in those opening minutes ? The people living there looked proper characters.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Is it this one? Tralee Town 1983 - YouTube

I think that might have been the Rock street area at the start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

This (which cannot be embedded, so this is a link) might be it. Potato quality tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

The first part with the little white cottages are I think those ones just at the back entrance of big Dunnes in Rock St, roughly opposite Connolly Park/Horans veg shop. They were restored in recent years.

There is a second part to that video I think, I saw it some years ago and though there was another one as well from same era, I watched it several times, convinced my mother is in it coming out of Dunnes down town!

The quality is not great, I wonder does someone have the original old cinefilm as they can be restored to improve quality, not cheap mind you but I got some done several years ago and it improved them an awful lot.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Is that the Presentation secondary school being built in that video? I was driving past it yesterday and wondered when it was built and whether its overcrowded now?

Advertisement