Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crow's and 12 ft lb air rifle.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭minktrapper

I can't get any accurate low powered .22 LR bullets. They lose all accuracy after 20 yds. With a PCP accuracy should be good out to 60yds and beyond. Without the power of a subsonic.22LR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭clivej

12fb air rifle at 40y the pellet is hitting at a very steep angle, at least 30 degrees, more even, IMO. You need to know the distance very well to adjust your poa

Yes. Knowing distance would be vital.

Any of ye know what hammer spring adjustment does to an air rifle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭skipking

adjusts the power

Any idea how it adjusts power. I thought it just released air in to the barrel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭skipking

what gun have you i have a fx dreamline screw in hammer spring to increase power out to decrease power if you want more air you open the regulator a bit.

I am trying to understand how the hammer spring works. I know it can be adjusted. So you are saying all it does is release more air to give more power to the pellet. I thought you would release all the air every time the trigger was pulled.

Anybody got a single shot/mini magazine for the FX Dreamline Lite. Your thoughts on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Increasing the spring tension gives a few more microseconds to allow the regulator to dump it's air. On the upper end rifles like the FX the regulator is actually adjustable anyway and is the best way to increase power. On older PCP's the power of the hammer was important as many did not have a regulator , just a simple knock open valve so the 'dwell time ' was a fraction longer.

Don't have an FX but all the FX guns look great. I'd say a power level of about 30 ft/lbs is optimal for farmyard shooting. A good source for compressed air would be handy and the cheaper Chinese compressors have come down in price in recent years.

Thanks for that.It would be ok to say that the adjustment screw on the FX would be to fine tune the hammer spring to a particular pellet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Exactly. FX led the way by fitting a pressure gauge just for the regulator. Check out AirArmsHuntingSA on the tube for what can be done with FX rifles .They seem to wind the regulator up to 120 bar and beyond and get unbelievable results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

As above - depends on the rifle.

If it's a PCP then adjusting the spring can release more power - but it can also lead to valve bounce which reduces efficiency (shots per fill).

If it's a regulated PCP then the regulator is the better place to make any adjustment and leave the hammer spring alone.

Advertisement