Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunsynk (DEYE) Hybrid Inverters

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Well, if something went wrong with the panels... It would stop generating power not increase power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭irishchris

Have dc SPD's and mcbs fitted in parents solar setup. Never got around to installing mine yet. More than likely will never need to be used and rarity of lightning strike nearby or surge is tiny but for their cheap price no harm in having them. Seen quite common in USA but then they do have a lot more electrical storms there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭hexosan

Looking at my roof set up now. I can have 12 jinko 425w panels on my south and on two smaller west facing roofs I can fit 3&5 panels totaling 8 panels. Total System size would be 8.5kw would this be ok split between the two strings on the inverter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,612 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You have to supply us with the following from the datasheets:

1. max VoC of the panels
    2. max DC input per MPPT of the inverter (we know this is 450V but Keith has said 520V)
    3. max DC input in watts of the inverter

That will give you the answers

1-VOC 38.74

2-450v

3- is the max Input 5500w or 6500w from the data sheet

• Advertisement

520/38.74 round down = 13 panels, so 12 is fine

12 * 425wp = 5100wp

8 * 425wp = 3400wp

5100+3400 = 8500wp. Now you'll never get 8500wp out of that but you would get over 6.5kW at times, so too much for the inverter

Would it damage the inverter or just result in clipping on the higher producing days.

Max DC input is there for a reason. You could of course just ignore it. Probably be ok, but do not try this at home, YMMV, IANAL, etc. 😂

what documentation has to be sent with the NC6 for the Sunsynk inverter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I have a Deye/Sunsynk unit on the way from China which I will be replacing a ME3000 with.

Does anyone use a meter and not the CT clamp to measure the import/export? I already have a SMA meter in the consumer unit for an EV charger and it is very accurate. Ideally if I could get this and the Deye to communicate using Home Assistant or some other means I can DIY I would go this route.

I have seen some people saying the CT clamp with the unit isn't very accurate.

• Advertisement

I've had CT "swing" issues with my first one, it seemed to over- or underread the actual incomer by up to 200W. But after a lot of toing and frowing and the Chinese Deye engineers messing with settings and firmware, it was actually fine. My new one is fine too

Because of all the messing about, Sunsynk offered to send me a replacement one. Which I haven't got yet, but I upgraded in the meantime anyway

Putting my old 5.5kW one up for sale today as I need to raise some cash. It was only used for a couple of months. €950 for anyone in here, that's less than half the retail price of a Solis 6kW hybrid, which has far lower performance. PM me please, anyone interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

The CT is "inaccurate" if your CT cable run is over 15m

Then you have to use an Eastron meter but only a very specific one at that, whatever the manual says.

I do have a brand new and unused one if you need one, I bought as a just in case but never used it as the CT was fine for me.

Don't bother use existing CT if you have one, I tried with Solis one I had there and readings were wrong.

My CT run at the moment is 100m 😂 I used a full roll of 4 core, haven't bothered to trim it down. So I'm not even using twisted pair cable. Let alone shielded twisted pair. And the CT reading is fine. That point in the manual of having to use a meter is just Deye / Sunsynk covering their ass / making it difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I'm not sure how long it is, I run the current Sofar through the network cables in the house. But should be well under 15m where it is.

Hopefully not being a single cable length won't matter. It currently goes CT clamp, RJ45, Keystone jack, cable in wall, network point, RJ45 to Sofar.

I'll try it with the included CT first and see how id goes.

I wouldn't want to have any breaks in the cable if possible, except for the part you connect the network cable to the CT itself.

CT's can have different ratios, eg 1:3000 or 1:5000 and if the inverter is expecting one and gets the other the readings will be way off.

thats why you cant just blindly mix and match CT's

Also some have the burden resistor on them and some dont, and expect it on the measuring circuitry

is this the correct CHINT meter mentioned in the user manual

Is there anyway to hardwire the internet to the inverter. The manual shows that you can open the wifi dongle and run a cat 5 cable into it. But when I open mine there’s no rj45 port in the dongle. Wifi reception is poor at the inverter location.

What do you need wifi for? If you want to use the stats for home assistant, you will need to run an RS485 cable from the inverter to your PC anyway as there doesn't seem to be a decent working API for it yet that you can poll (I tried last weekend, wasn't getting anywhere, that said I'm only a n00b at this stuff - tried https://pv.inteless.com/api/v1/plants?page=1&limit=10&name=&status=)

With wifi the Deye engineers (and any communist party member) can see exactly what you are doing and make any changes they like 😂

You have two options:

1. Buy one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07794JRC5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and run your cat5 cable to it, put it beside your inverter and that will give you an attic wifi with 100% signal.
    2. Buy this https://solar-assistant.io/ which is the best thing by far but you need to have a raspberry pi or similar so it costs a bit more, but you get seamless integration with Home Assistant and every 2 sec updates.

I'm actually using both right now because why not 😂

• Advertisement

After today is the Sunsynk 5.5 still ok with ESBN or is it just the Solis 6k that’s the issue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

The sunsynk 5.5 should be ok, rated at 22.7a with max of 25a. I'm looking at the sunsynk 3.6 ecco myself.

Can anyone shine some light on this for me, with regard to the DTSU666 energy meter, I have a cat 6 cable connected to the meter using the (25pin) blue & (24pin) white/blue wires. Where the cat cable plugs into RS485 jack in the inverter which pins in the rj45 are these two wires connected to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭S'

Wondering will a Sunsynk 8.8kw ecco inverter take the following:

MPPT #1 (parallel two strings of 11 panels on one MPPT)

VOC - 41.76 & ISC- 10.54a (slightly over the 425v MPPT limit but should be ok)

MPPT #2

9 Panels - VOC 42.16

Also, if one of the parallel string is shaded will this bring down the MPPT?

@S' - 11*41.76=459V, that's a good chunk over the 425V. You could probably get away with it, but do so entirely at your own risk. I think 10 panels would be a safer bet. And yes you can have two strings of 10 in parallel, taking up one double MPPT input on the Sunsynk (4 MC4 input connectors)

If one of the parallel strings is shaded, say giving only 3A and the other parallel string is not shaded, say giving 10A, then the parallel string as a whole is giving 13A, so the shading of the one string doesn't affect the output of the other string, hope I explained that ok?

Cheers @unkel

Funny thing is Keith Gough has said on Youtube that it is 520V really.

Manual states that it is 450v maximum while the spec sheet says 425v!

@S' - Ah yeah you're right. Keith said 520V in a YT video, I think it was myself posting that here on boards first. So you should be fine then. Download that video to use as evidence anyway because the Deye boys in China know all about you and your inverter 😂

Looks like a good price.

How much will import taxes be on this?

Plus import duty and VAT!

• Advertisement

Mppt range is the operating range, the pv input,

Under load the pv will drop below 425

Advertisement