Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turn my iMac into a Mac Mini

Options
  • 09-10-2022 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I’m wondering if it’s possible to turn my iMac (mid 2010) into a Mac Mini.

My iMac has given me many years of service but it’s fair slow these days whenever I use it. I’ve maxed out it’s RAM, and I know I can get an SSD. No idea what OS I’m operating. There’s nothing much I use it for really except photos (or at least my great plan to organise all my photos).

Anything that I really need to do I can do on my iPhone or iPad. If I need a screen to work on documents I use my work laptop and memory stick.

Ive my desk setup the way I want it as I WFH a few days a week so I was thinking of getting a cheap mini PC to replace my iMac but of course I’ve no real need of a Mini PC - except doing that fairly large organisation of my photos (which - thinking about it - I could do that now, then just use my phone and iCloud once it’s all tidied). Anyway I’ve that big old iMac sitting there doing nothing and I don’t wanna buy an expensive iPad Pro or Surface Book or Mac Mini and just wondered was there any suggestions that I could do based on the above.

thanks all.

Advertisement