Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems with "smart" heating system

• 09-10-2022 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭

I have a 2 zone heating system. We have a thermostat for heating down stairs, another upstairs for heating and one more for controlling water. The thermostats and app are Heatmiser neostats.

The heating has been off all summer and I went to test it now that the weather is getting cooler and I am having an odd problem.

• Turning on the heating does not trigger the gas boiler to come on
    • Turning on the water does trigger the boiler to come on
    • The app and physical thermostats both show a little flame to indicate it is on but nothing happens at the boiler and rads stay cold
    • If I turn on the water, then turn on the heating the rads heat up

Any ideas before I call plumber ?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Looks like end contacts on your heating zone valve are broken.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭John.G

Does the problem happen with both heating zones, ie either D/stairs or U/stairs don't fire up the boiler? Is there a winter/summer switch on the boiler??.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Gaz

Same for upstairs and downstairs, no response from boiler but works if boiler is already on due to water being on.

System was in standby mode over the summer, put it back to auto and noticed problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mp31

Sounds like the orange switched live output on valve open from BOTH 2-port zone valves for upstairs/downstairs is not getting to fire the boiler - faulty connection at the wiring centre or boiler perhaps?

Advertisement