Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toyota Aqua/Jap Import Car/Radio system

• 09-10-2022 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Hope this is the right place to post.

I just bought a 2013 Toyota aqua, the radio on it is Part English Part Japanese, It's easy to use actually in English , The dash seems fine also just have heard occasionally a Japanese Lady speak probably with some warning or whatever.

I've heard that the radio/car systems software can be flashed to just English? Any suggestions or recommendations as to where to get this done?

It was recommended not to change/replace the original radio/reverse camera system as it is good quality etc (the camera does seem better quality than that on our main car a Tuscon)  

The car also doesn't have an alarm (I know they are targets for Joyriders etc).....Its push to start though & has an immobilizer was told.

I was told to not bother with an alarm as its push to start, but I think Id like to get one installed ,another deterrent for thieves.

Any recommendations for alarm/places or rough cost?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

I.C.E. on Sandford road in Ranelagh are very good & have been fitting car alarms for about 40 years. They’ll be able to wire a separate immobiliser to work with the alarm system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They won’t steal one with keyless start. The only reason they go for Aquas is because the keyed versions are ridiculously easy to take. Your one will have an immobiliser and can’t be started with a vise grips and a spoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭corks finest

On a side note is the aqua ok ( comfortable etc) and economical on a long journey

Thanks

Advertisement