Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daytraders/Short Term Trading

Options
  • 09-10-2022 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,

I've been day trading for the past year and a bit since working from home has enabled me to actually watch the markets from open till close. I have been searching for groups of other people who trade indicies, FX or commodities in Ireland but have found almost nowhere where I can connect with people that are serious about it. I would really like to meet some other Irish people that do the same but it doesn't seem like there are many in Ireland, or at least from what I can find online or through people I've met, it seems like not a popular passion over here. I work in a market facing role in Dublin which I thought might open me up to more people that trade their own accounts but it seems like again not a popular past time.

I was wondering if any of you know any groups or contacts of people that are serious about trading? It would be great to meet some other people that were into it, learn from each other and share some ideas.

p.s hope you are making some money on the short side of things at the moment!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm not aware of any, you probably know this better than me but day trading isn't as attractive here as it would be elsewhere due to tax setup. Other countries allow you to write off loses against gains. With loses less than 30 days (ie day trading losses), you can't write them off in Ireland, so it's even harder to make money.

Best of luck with it

Advertisement