Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LEO Business Advisor

Options
  • 09-10-2022 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi All, I have been shortlisted for interview for a position of Business Advisor with my local LEO (not Dublin). I am now unsure about the position for the following reasons;

1) I am a newly qualified Tax & Financial Advisor. I am not sure I would have the overall level of experience required.

2) From my "online research", I have noticed a lot of people currently working in this position have been in long term employment in a local authority & have worked their way up to this. I have no such experience & am wondering if there is any real chance of an "outsider" getting the job...

and..perhaps my biggest concern..

3) Role description refers to a need for availability for weekend & evening work as required. Would anyone be able to advise on the overall frequency of this? I know LEO's run lots of different workshops & events..I am just conscious of my current work/life balance as I'm not sure I could commit to frequent late eves or overnight trips..

Also I assume it is a full-time office role as blended work was not mentioned in the description.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who knows about this or who currently works in a similar position.

Advertisement