Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW11 Transfer thread

Options
  • 09-10-2022 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Unsure what to do this week, at the moment half thinking of taking a -4 to switch KdB to Foden and Mitro or Toney to Kane depending on his news.

Just looking at West Ham here and Scamacca is looking really decent, 3 from 3 now so could just do Toney to him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Also own Toney, I've also thought about Scamacca. Both scored GW10 but 4 points between them.

Depending on your team set up, how many times will both start for you before the WC?

Toney:

Scamacca:

I have them down for 4 times each would start in my 11, out of 6. Scamacca does have that added rotation risk though with the EL and Toney is on pens. Scamacca does seem to be in better form though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah those away fixtures for Scamacca arent great. But on the eye test Paqueta is linking up really well with him and you can see a good understanding forming between them. Will look at it more during the week but Im just not that convinced by Toney, he will deliver points but I think I got sucked in by his hat trick. Another option could be Eduoard who does have good fixtures and has 2 in 2 now. Will wait for Kane news first and then consider a -4, 8 goals in 10 games now and worth holding till the World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mindhorn

Sounds like Kane will be ok. I have both him and Diaz but looks like I'll have to move on the latter. Also have three Chelsea - James, Fofana and Sterling. With Potter now rotating I might need to take a -4 hit and get rid of Fofana.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Just on the comment on away games - just cause it’s red doesn’t mean he won’t be scoring / Liverpool and United are struggling for CS lately so wouldn’t let that sway you - sure West Ham mightn’t win but he could easily score.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have 2FT and looking to move on Coufal at least. Also looking to move on Salah, plan was to keep him until after GW12 and get KDB then but hard to see the point now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

2 FTs. I'll be WC'ing GW13, so just looking for GW11 and GW12 picks. Will move on KDB and Cancelo in GW12. For GW11, I'm not sure what to do, so advice is welcome!

Sanchez/Ward

TAA/Cancelo/James/Trippier/White

KDB/Martinelli/Trossard/Pereria/DaSilva

Mitro/Toney/Haaland

I'm thinking TAA and DaSilva out, leaving me with 12.9m itb then. Torn between Maddison/Bowen/Zaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Have 3 city(Haaland,KDB, Cancelo and 2 arsenal(Saliba, Marty) and dont really fancy moving any out for the week they blank as it will cost more to get them back and nothing in bank. Bench is essentially fodder with Periara, Willimas and Emerson(WH). What are players thinking on this ? Make no changes and end up with 8 playing or make some changes ?? Free hit seems overkill !

Which players have you a lot of money tied up in?

For example, if you bought KDB at 12.2 and he is 12.4 now, sell for 12.3 for one week, bring in a Salah/Sterling/Son etc, before switching back to KDB again. You shouldn't lose out too much there.

I'd move on Emerson this week to prepare anyways. Doesn't play, and even if he did, the game in 12 is not really a CS game for West Ham. At least Neco Williams & Andreas actually play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I am one of the unfortunate few still stuck with TAA so he definitely goes this week even for a hit! Have Pope so reluctant to bring in Trippier - will cucurella be nailed on now with Potter in charge? You would thinks so surely?

Also have saliba, cancelo, patterson (also needs to go), and neco williams

• Registered Users Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭Xander10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Did Emerson to guehi in preparation for gw 12. I’m not selling any city or Arsenal players just for that one blank with their form and value built up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I’m not selling any city or Arsenal players just for that one blank with their form and value built up.

Same. I'd rather play 10 that week than lose value or points on transfer hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Seriously thinking of bringing in Scammaca for Toney…..he’s bang in form,got a lovely goal the other day and is linking well with Paqueta.

Big advantage if he outperforms Toney over the next while is that with his very low ownership he is a good differential.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Surprised to see so much talk of selling Toney. He is the third highest points scoring forward this season at just 7.3mill. Used my free transfer to bring in Trossard for Sterling as I think 9.9mill is too much to have invested in a player that may be benched more easily now they played so well without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Plan is to bring in Trossard for Andreas. I'm gonna wait until the press conferences though as I still own Isak and Mitrovic and want to be sure they'll start GW12.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Thinking that having double Newcastle is just not working. Been a few occasions where they where both on for clean sheets and lost it late in the game really would of stung only for Tripper getting some kind of attacking returns.

What goal keeper would you bring in for Pope though!? I had Sanchez earlier in the season but there fixtures are not great for the moment. Also don't trust Wolves even though Sa is high up the rankings.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Kepa is 4.4 - seems to be the new managers preference in goal

Is Nunez an option now?

Especially with Salah being transferred out en masse, and TAA & Diaz are injured now for the short/long term. He could be the Liverpool cover to have.

Diaz is out for the foreseeable future, which means Jota will have to play LW now. Maybe Carvalho will play the odd game, but it's less likely he will start IMO after the failed trial v Brighton in GW9. There is now 4 senior forwards for 3/4 positions. I don't think Liverpool will continue to play the 4 forwards together as there are only 4 fit now, and they all can't play every game.

Liverpool might not be in form, but they have scored 5 goals in the last 2 games. They have scored in every game this season bar one, and Darwin does look dangerous when he plays. Shoots regularly and is averaging 1 return every 90 mins in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Could be a nice differential, I just feel 8.9 is too expensive for him as he is a big gamble in a team under performing, especially with Jesus at 8.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Zero in the bank so if I sell I cant get them back as all have gone up on value as I've had them from the start unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah the double Newcastle defence hasnt been working, Pope had a few clean sheets before lots brought him in but nothing since. Watching them it seems like they will concede in a good few games but also create a lot of chances at the other end which is great for Trippier. Ive other fires to put out but not all that keen on playing Ward either

I've already got James don't want another double that's not getting clean sheets lol.

Trying to stay away from doubles because theres no obvious team in the league this year that is constantly keeping clean sheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Does it matter if you've 2 players from different teams that do or don't keep clean sheets or 2 players from the same tem that do or don't keep clean sheets?

You should judge every position on its merit. If Kepa is the best option, he should be your keeper

Speaking of clean sheets, I was shocked to see that Arsenal have conceded in their last 10 league games at home.

If Chelsea are not looking as solid at the back there's not much point in me having two of there defenders. Kepa would be a bargain if they where keeping clean sheets like last season until then ill just spread things out a bit.

James and Trippier are there for there attacking returns just as much as there clean sheets Kepa will get none of that.

Good point regarding Jesus.

I guess I'm being scared off by the blank, when we shouldn't be as the City & Arsenal assets are all returning consistently.

I do still own Martinelli and that is a contributing factor by not wanting to over commit, while at the same time not wanting to under commit to Liverpool when they are still scoring goals. Maybe there is still some club allegiances at play there too!

Maybe I can hold off til 13 to bring in Nunez / Jesus instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I wonder now that Diaz is out, would Salah become an option again, Diaz was very involved in games and did a lot of work, but was he a bit too selfish - i.e. did he look to play in Salah, like other did last season? I think Bobby is great value if you knew he would start, but when you spent £85m on a player it's hard for Klopp not to play Nunez. The balance has changed so much from last season it's hard to know really which option is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mindhorn

James injured and I've made my sub already. Looking at a -4 now as I have Fofana on the bench and Emerson as my other backup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

So, eh, I may be looking at the lesser spotted GW11 WC!

Advertisement