Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Switching - KBC and Ulster Bank

• 10-10-2022 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Trying to switch my credit cards from KBC and Ulster Bank to another bank but finding it difficult to get someone to balance transfer both cards due to credit score

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭daheff

there only seems to be 5 card providers in the country at the moment, so its difficult enough to get a new card now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

We don't have credit scoring... Have you checked your CCR report?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

I'd think your best bet is to apply for a new credit card without a balance transfer. You might get a lower limit, but still get it without much of a struggle. Try Avant instead of banks.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Your KBC credit card will just transfer to BOI with the same limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭feargantae

I wonder what will happen to mine. I've a KBC student card with a €500 limit. No longer a student and have had the card years now. Minimum credit limit with BOI seems to be €1k

Im curious will they transfer mine as €500, make a new one for €1k or have me reapply all over again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I would imagine it would just transfer and leave the limit at €500. I'm sure BOI have legacy cards where lower limits apply, so it won't be an issue. If you were ever to apply for a new credit card type, their minimums would likely kick in then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Just zeroed out my KBC card. Who are people going to for their new credit card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,301 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It'll come in as 500. They cannot increase your limit without you requesting it

I had a Platinum BOI card - minimum limit 5000 officially - with a 2000 limit as that's what my old card had when I changed over to Platinum. I still don't have it up to 5000 as I don't need it that high!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

I ended up cancelling mine. I loved the fact that KBC gave me up to €10 cash back a month (I know it wasn't a lot, but still). But is it still worth keeping a credit card these days ?

I received a card off BOI the other day. I requested a 4K limit. They gave me 10K for some crazy reason. Back to the crazy credit days again. This was a classic card ....not any of the premium cards.

They also told me I needed to use their App for 2FA (no smart phone so doesn't work for me...nor would I want it either) or they would ship me a token device. **** that anyways. Cancelled card as I can see that token getting lost or broken quite quickly.

Are there any banks that use SMS codes for 2FA????

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

yes. Card was never activated, so technically never open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Closed my UB card last week.

Tried to apply on the AIB app - made three attempts - got an error message on step 3 each time.

Went onto their Internet Banking and got to the final stage. Had to upload a document with my PPSN. I couldn't find it on my laptop so had to re-scan and save. By the time I did that, my session had timed out.

Logged back in and thought if I clicked the apply button, it would retrieve the application. No joy - all it says, "you have made an application recently. Please contact us by phone."

Rang them and after 20 minutes on hold was told that there are four applications for me, the last one is showing as successful / approved but is awaiting the PPSN document. They are now checking to see if I can email them the scanned document but said I may have to go into the branch. Will call me back later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

AIB rang back - You can add your PPSN document by going into Services on AIB Internet Banking

Advertisement