Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ber cert & sq m -first time buyer

Options
  • 10-10-2022 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

First apologize for my English lang

After several unsuccessful attempts(crazy bids), we managed to buy a house - Ber B3.83 sq m(daft info).

While the bidding was still going on(up 25000), we asked for a copy of Ber cert.

The agent replied that he would ask

Sale agreement was last month,security deposit is transferred, engineering survey done ....looks all good.

Few days ago ,agent send Ber cert....it Ber C1 and 77.5 sq m. I would like advice on what to do, try to reduce the price... what are my rights.It all about green rate

Thank u

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

You have little to no comeback, you could complain the EA's professional standards body that's about it.

I would say walk, unless you love it.

It's very small and you can't get a green mortgage.

Otherwise I'd say tell the EA you were miss lead and for them to suggest a discount. I'd day twice the cost of making it a B3 and then some for extra space.

If you are going to push for a discount arrange another viewing and take a very good look at it. When was it wired, plumbed and what work will you have to do?

Advertisement