Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Chinese in Ennis

Options
  • 10-10-2022 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

This eve as I'm hankering for a Chinese, I'm just wondering- what's the best or favourite one in town?

I'd usually go to Lana but fancied a change.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,682 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Lana definitely isn't a Chinese, although I love it too

Coco is probably the best quality, imo. Same owners of Marco Polo/Jasmine Palace in Limerick. It's nice

For a treat though, we like Royal Court on the Limerick Rd. However, we have never sat down in there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

check out the alley in the market. it's new enough but really tasty. but word isn't getting around as it's always emty. even the egg fried rice by itself is delicious, though mostly on friday or satuday, it dips midweek for some reason. it's prob asian fusion more than a chinese though, but not as 'fusiony' as lana

• Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭squonk

Bamboo garden beside the hospital is a consistent good place. +1 for the Royal Court which was excellent but I found their delivery charges very high so it really was a treat very rarely. Coco is very nice too and was my more regular treat place when I was in Ennis. Bamboo Garden was my general go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

One mans poison... Had Bamboo garden once and it was beyond awful - myself and the mrs both agreed it was a 'never again'. That was 10 years or more ago though!

We usually go to the Chinatown express on Mill Road. Generally very good, they seem to get a relief guy in every now and again though and the quality isn't as good the odd night but still acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭squonk

One man’s poison for sure Deagol! I thought Chinatown express was fine but nothing spectacular. Can’t comment on Bamboo Garden 10 years ago but it’s bit bad now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement