Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get RT AC86U to connect to internet.

Options
  • 10-10-2022 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Bought the ASUS RT AC86U to replace the standard Eir router but when I plugged it in and connected the ethernet cable I have a red light on the internet.

The internet is working fine but I don't know if I'm just being an idiot or is there something I need to do to get it to work?

Anyone have any experience with this that could help?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DaveHD

This in fact is dependent on the internet service you receive!

What have you plugged the AC86U into, the eir router?

in which case have you put the eir router into bridge mode?

have you then set up the "internet" requirements on the AC86U

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭rossieboy

DaveHD, I'm an idiot. I just though I could plug the main internet line into the AC86U.

Realised I have to connect it to the Eir Modem/Router instead hahaha!

Will give it a go this evening. I'll have to figure out how to get the Eir router into bridge mode but I'm sure I'll figure it out (Probably won't after not even knowing it had to be connected to the Eir Router 🤣)

Thanks for the response!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭dam099

Are you on DSL or FTTH?

With FTTH you can connect direct from the ONT but you likely need to change some settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

... likely indicate Ethernet cable from ONT....

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gerbear1990

You need to enable VLAN ID 10 on the WAN connection. Had the same issue with my RT-AX88U

• Advertisement
Advertisement