Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation VR

• 11-10-2022 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All

I have quick question about the playstation VR.

The young lad has asked for this for xmas as he has the PS5. He said the kids in school are using the VR to play PS5 games like Minecraft. How does the VR work and does existing games he own for PS5 work on the VR or do I need new games?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,965 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Doodah7

New PSVR announced which will be more expensive than a PS5. Crucially, old VR games will NOT be compatible with the new PSVR 2.

Not released until February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It looks like Sony used the virtual link usb c technology. This was made in 2018 in a collaboration between Nvidia, AMD, meta, valve etc.

It put all the three cables into one USBC cable that could deliver power and handle the video. But it was not widely used by the headsets so after the 20 series Nvidia dropped it to save costs.

But if you do have at 2080ti with a USBC connection, you can simply plug in the PSVR2 headset and it picks it up as a 1080p 120hrtz screen right away. No software or hacks needed.

Only supports big screen mode but it's a step closer to it working on pc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,965 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

If it was possible to get it working with a PC would that be the best PC headset, or the Valve Index or other still better? (ignoring money I mean)

Isn't the small sweet spot an issue?

Advertisement