Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carole Nash Insurance.

Options
  • 11-10-2022 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭

Have any CN customers had success in registering on the Customer Portal ? It's a long overdue step towards being able to manage your policy as the car oweners do,but as yet I cannot register,never mind sign-into it .

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭enrique66_35

Yes but that was after much frustration and eventually copping that the date is backwards, i.e. if your birthdate is 12th October 1990 you'd think you would put in 12/10/1990 but it only worked for me if I put in 10/12/1990.

I'm guessing they store dates in American format for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

My CN Portal simply allows me to view my Policy Documents (as a pdf file). Have they changed their Portal to allow Customers to do more ???

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Itineoman

Had a go there now and eventually got locked out for trying too many times. I used the calendar to pick the date of birth and tried it in american form as well. Seems very flaky which is a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭enrique66_35

There's a tab to upload documents as well but that's about it. It's just to the right of the policy documents tab. It may not be visible unless they're asking for documents from you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

Just want to say added a bike to my policy, and they didn't charge a handling fee or admin fee. Which was very nice of them to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Yep. Have that also. Last renewal moved from Principal to CN. I did the transfer online, got my Docs, etc.

I was asked (by email) to upload my NCD Cert, Licence, etc through their Portal.

I did this the same day.....and a week later I received an email warning me that my Policy would be cancelled in 2 days if they didn't get a copy of my NCD Cert, etc. !!!!

So, OP you're probably better off not getting access to the CN Portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭goblin59

had a collision a while ago and I'm with Carol Nash but underwritten by Axa. Axa would only look after it if I claimed off my comprehensive policy first which then meant that I'd lose my NCB until they got the other insurance policy to accept liability and repay them(I have protection on it, but didn't really mean much) The issue is until I managed to get the other drivers claim dismissed I still have that marked against me.

So I'd either have to pay for my own solicitor to chase up Liberty insurance for a claim or just ring them every day to say here, your client is liable

Going through my policy documents I seen Carol nash have a legal advice helpline that as soon as I talked to for 20 minutes said they would fire off the forms to me to fill in and would look at taking over getting it sorted once they can see who was liable for the incident.

So definitely a plus 1 for Carol Nash.

Also Carol Nash's policy allows 3rd party use of foreign registered vehicles. Every other company was irish reg only.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Breezin

Good to know. I'm with CN at the mo but all of that is news to me.

Advertisement