Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Republic of Ireland women singing a pro-IRA chant after qualifying for WC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

No problem. It will get headlines for womens soccer. I don't disagree with the spirit behind the song either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

Talk to Joe OP......

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Never heard them sing it. I am delighted for them do. It was not the greatest match or even their best match but they done enough. The person of the match for me do should have been out Goalkeeper. She kept us in the game.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

No I generally only get shocked by serious things not a chant that’s been sung for years in our country after 800 years of oppression

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

It's a song about the IRA and the British occupation of Ireland...next we will be questioning "Flower of Scotland" which is about the Scots killing a rake of Englishmen...

Now the later incarnation of the IRA is allow unsavoury parallels to be drawn to the lyrics and the post independence IRA activities

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Patches oHoulihan

**** drama to be had everywhere

get a grip of yourself OP

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

They have apologised.

Nothing to see here

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement