Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Study helper?

• 12-10-2022 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi,

My son is in his LC year. He has mild autism but attends a mainstream school. Throughout his schooling he has been struggling with tests and assignments and not scoring as well as he could. The knowledge is there, but the concentration and study habits are not, and he needs to improve on getting his knowledge from his head down on to the paper. We are looking for a 1-on-1 tutor/helper to touch base with him every week or so keep him on track and to try to help out with general study skills and learning how to answer questions to get the best marks.

All of my searching online has found plenty of people offering grinds in certain subjects, but that is not what we want. Ideally a secondary school teacher (retired or extra work at night), a recent graduate who knows the system, an SNA looking for more work, etc. would suit us. Has to be a real person, he does not operate well by being told to read a website. Living in Waterford city, but online is fine.

Does anyone know where somebody like this could be found? Even what or where I could search?

Thanks!

Advertisement