Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grant 50 90 boiler not starting

• 12-10-2022 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi all, have a grant 50 90 euroflame boiker. After running FB out of oil earlier this year I presumed needs to be bled. Got a full of oil yesterday and a screwed the bleed screw and hit the rest button but it locks again after. No oil coming out when I loosen the bleed screw. Have tried it nunberous times. I presume I’m loosening the correct screw. Hex head on side of the pump and circled in yellow in attached pic

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Red arrow is the preferred for gravity bleeding, which you should try first. Blue arrow if using the pump (pressing the reset button) to bleed it.

You really should have a technician do it. It's been known for people to flood the combustion chamber by pressing the reset button too often when an airlock wasn't really the problem at all. That is one of the reasons that a gravity bleed is preffered. It can take quite a while if the tank is far away.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭John.G

NO, I can't edit your photo in paint but its the one just underneath the bottom of the yellow circle and just to the right at the 5 oclock position, relative to the yellow circle, DO NOT TOUCH or adjust the one just above this as its the pump pressure regulator.

Its approx 13/15MM.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭IamTheWalrus95

So it’s the one that needs a socket fitting?

Hey folks, still trying to get this sorted. If using screw with the red arrow, how long should i leave it open for gravity bleed?

Also, if using the one at the blue arrow, should i only open slightly and then try the reset button?

If your tank is full and bottom of tank is higher than the burner and tank not too far away, then maybe 10/20 minutes (lots of variables) .

With blue bolt, loosen about a turn and a half and press reset. Be ready to tighten it quickly as a good force of spray will come out when all the air is expelled.

My caution above applies still.

• Advertisement

Will try the gravity bleed again, the tank is about 10 m away so I will unscrew and keep an eye. I presume I don’t need to turn boiler on for this?

Keep burner off for this. Don't leave it.

What level is oil in tank, full?

Tank is half full

Should come through, but if it doesn't you might have to go to the other way.

Most services techs would have a suction pump to pull it through the gravity outlet.

If you have a car tyre pump you can sometimes get it going by blowing back towards the tank. Just have someone listen until they can hear air bubbling in the tank. Then stop pumping and wait to see if the oil appears.

While lots of people bleed their own burners, I dislike the idea for the number of things that can go wrong. I'd always advise getting a competent person to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

looking at the state of that oil hose it might be a good idea to get the boiler serviced now and get bleeding done as well

• Advertisement
Advertisement